341 Meeting Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting Please Help

I filed for chapter 7 in southeastern Pa 3/8/11. I haven't heard from the court or my lawyer about my 341 meeting date?? I'm very concerned. Can the case be thrown out before the 341?? if so I believe the court or my lawyer should have notified me correct?
    I've called my lawyer and of course he is not returning my calls.

Thanks for your Help!

do you have a PACER account? If not, sign up to get one, its free so long as you do not go over $10 in a quarter. You should've received notice by now as to when your 341 is; normally its within 45 days of filing. Are you certain your lawyer has filed your paperwork? Do you have a BK case number?

Your lawyer should've provided you with a copy of everything submitted... do you have those?

Comment

I just signed up one but, when I checked my case wasn't found? I checked using my name and social# as I didn't not receive a case number or paperwork that submitted. What I did receive was copy of what services that would be performed. I was thinking I had been ripped off but, checking the 341 meetings in my area I see that he represented 6 clients yesterday . So I guess the guy is legit and just dropped the ball in my case.

Comment

Use the toll free pacer number

Pennsylvania-Eastern (215) 597-2244 (888) 584-5853
        Pennsylvania-Middle (570) 831-2552 (877) 440-2699
        Pennsylvania-Western (412) 355-3210 (866) 299-8515

I'm not sure which you fall under. but all you have to do it follow the options and enter your case number
        it i will list all information about your case that is currently in the system including when your 341 is.
        Filed Pro Se 3/21/2011
        341 4/21/2011
        DISCHARGED 6/21/2011

Comment

I've already number tried those numbers thanks anyway. I didn't receive a case number so I did a search using my name and ss# and both came back not found?

Comment

Try going to the court house itself and have them look it up to see if it was actually filed.
            Filed Pro Se 3/21/2011
            341 4/21/2011
            DISCHARGED 6/21/2011

Comment

chp88, are you certain you are searching the correct court? If so, it sounds like your petition wasn't filed. You should be able to find it on PACER by using your SSN. I received notice of the 341 from the court (used my attorney's return address, but mailed by the court). Keep calling your attorney. If he doesn't return your calls, go to his office. Or talk to his secretary and ask her to check your file for your case number.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I agree - sounds like case wasnt filed. Time to show up on your attorney's doorstep....

Comment

yes, i also agree, it sounds or appears as though your atty hasn't filed as yet.

i have heard many times atty's are now filing..i.e. 2x's a month to hold their court times down...(can you belive it!). i can believe anythiing nowadays.

first thing i would do is be on that atty's office until i got an answer!!

best of luck, i'm sure it's just a paper problem and it will be fine.
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I just got back from the attorney's office as it turns out he said he never received my certificate of counseling which I know I gave. I came prepared with all my paperwork and give him another copy.When asked why he hadn't called me his response was we are so backed up "I'm sorry your case will be filed today". I just hope the rest of the process goes smoother. Thanks everyone for your help I really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by chp88 View Post
                      When asked why he hadn't called me his response was we are so backed up
                      I bet his office is never too backed up to take the checks to the bank and cash them lol.
                      Filed/discharged/closed Chapter 7 in 2010!

Comment

I just got back from the attorney's office as it turns out he said he never received my certificate of counseling which I know I gave. I came prepared with all my paperwork and give him another copy.When asked why he hadn't called me his response was we are so backed up "I'm sorry your case will be filed today". I just hope the rest of the process goes smoother. Thanks everyone for your help I really appreciate it.
                        chp...sounds like the ball is rolling now...finally. Good luck to you
                        filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                        "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Yes, tobee, the first atty we spoke to files on the 1st and the 15th. Period.
                          OP, yikes! Good thing you called! Hope the ball stays in play from here on. Good luck!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

wow....i'm glad you got it straigten out!
                            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
                              Yes, tobee, the first atty we spoke to files on the 1st and the 15th. Period.
                              OP, yikes! Good thing you called! Hope the ball stays in play from here on. Good luck!
                              yeah....since that way they get all their 341's within the same time period. i guess???? from their view it's good time management?? LOL!!!!!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X