Los Angeles 341 Meeting Next YEAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Los Angeles 341 Meeting Next YEAR!

My creditor meeting is in Sept, filed last month. But my 341 meeting is April 2012. Attorney told me this is a test program as so many do not make it through the first year and only file to hold onto their home for a few months. This way it does not waste the courts time. Hmmmm..
    California Chapter 13

You must be filing a CH13? And yes, this is true...this is one of the tactics that people are using to stay in their home payment free for awhile longer. As once they file the BK and go into a CH13 payment plan...the FC proceedings stop...even if the person already hadnt been paying for months. Then they get into the plan...make a few payments...and then default again....but the FC process starts all over again...buying them months more of time....

Comment

Originally posted by chinup View Post
      My creditor meeting is in Sept, filed last month. But my 341 meeting is April 2012. Attorney told me this is a test program as so many do not make it through the first year and only file to hold onto their home for a few months. This way it does not waste the courts time. Hmmmm..
      The 341 meeting IS the meeting of the creditors. Perhaps it is the confirmation hearing that is scheduled for April 2012?
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
        The 341 meeting IS the meeting of the creditors. Perhaps it is the confirmation hearing that is scheduled for April 2012?
        My guess is you are absolutely correct. 341 in September, Confirmation in April. Good catch.

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X