341 Meeting Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting Today

My 341 meeting was today in a nutshell I filed for chapter 13, I have a 1st and a 2nd mortgage and credit card debt. We are attempting to strip the 2nd mortgage since my property is underwater. I have NO arrears.

I wanted to share the questions that were asked at the meeting, it was not the trustee but it was his assistant doing all the questioning we were asked to swear to tell the truth at first, anyway here they are:

may I see some ID? state your name, please provide your current paystub/ss card (i had copies of each) is this your signature? (on the petition), do you have any additional property other than what's stated in the petition?, do you understand everything in the petition? have you continued to pay your mortgage? and finally she asked that we continue to make the payments to the trustee! THAT'S IT!

I hope this helps! you DO get to hear every case that's right before you! and from what I can tell, if you weren't honest with your petition YOU WILL be given a tough time!

One guy for instance was asked about a debit he had made for 13k and what had he done with it? he tried giving the trustee's assistant the run around! he then began to get asked very detailed questions about his assets. In the end his monthly payments were substantially raised due to arrears.

Moral of the story: BE HONEST with what you claim on your petition! mine was a breeze!

My case will be confirmed next month, I will make another post by then.

It's amazing what people will try and get away with. I think we should add to this quote "The only two certainties in life are death and taxes and questions from the trustee if you are dishonest"!
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Originally posted by bn7
      Moral of the story: BE HONEST with what you claim
      That's the ticket!
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Hello Bn7. Congratulations on your successful 341.

I have merged your two identical threads into one and removed the duplicate post. Please do not create two or more identical threads on the same subject, as it becomes very confusing for posters trying to follow them. For this reason, it is against forum rules to create more than one thread on the same subject.

Thank you.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X