top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we get to know ahead of time if a creditor will show up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we get to know ahead of time if a creditor will show up?

Or is that always a surprise?
    Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
    Discharged! June 28, 2012
    Closed! August 8, 2012

Usually no. It would be rare if you are notified ahead of time. After all, since you are aware that one or more of your creditors may show, I think you can consider yourself 'notified. They usually don't bother.

Good luck to you!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

If a creditor does happen to show up at a 341 meeting, it is because they have reason to believe that a particular debtor is trying to hide something. There is no other reason for a creditor to be there, because it is generally a waste of their time - there is nothing to gain, and it costs money to send people out into the field. That just adds insult to injury, so to speak.

You have nothing to worry about if you have been rigorously honest, as required by law.

Comment

The only time I have seen a creditor at a 341 Meeting (of my 2 personal meetings and several others I watched) were Credit Unions (CU) or small local banks. In those cases, they wanted to know the status of a "car" and the intentions. One CU asked, in the meeting, if the car was brought to the meeting and if the debtor minded if they could take pictures real quick.

Unless you are hiding something and have some really jealous or vindictive relatives (or former spouse), the 341 Meeting will be very quiet and without creditors!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

No way to know for "certain", but there are two indicators

1. The debtor did something wrong and knows it
          2. The creditor, prior to the 341, files a Notice of Appearance (but even then, that doesn't mean they will actually show up)

Comment

hah!! i had one show up on the business end of my bk. an unsecured creditor a small local bank, (couldn't believe they flew someone out of state for such a small amount), the loan was secured by receivables.

they lost. as the debtor i didn't do anything wrong, they; this bank were just attempting to make an unsecured loan into a loan claiming it was secured by me personally. didn't work, paper doesn't lie. clear as the nose on the trustees face...secured by receivables.

when they came we had no idea, it was a surprise. they came to the table but said really nothing other than handed a few slips of papers to the trustee. she said she'll look it over and decide. she did, he was done.
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X