341 Meeting DONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting DONE

After a month of waiting anxiously and letting myself get uber-worried I had my Chapter 13 341 meeting today.

I was the first one there (got there way too early) and made myself as comfortable as one can be. My lawyer showed up and explained how the meeting should go and what to expect.

At 9:30 I was called and sworn in. The trustee was not there but his attorney was conducting the meeting. Very nice lady but rapid fire with the questions. She asked me about 10 standard questions then inquired about my DBA and if I had any AR or equipment, which I didn't. She concluded the meeting with a thank you and that was that.

She didn't specify whether or not she's recommending confirmation or not. Should I be concerned? My lawyer said it went smooth and we'll see what the trustee comes back with if anything.

I'm crossing my fingers that my plan is approved and I can be on the road to financial recovery.

I must say that the meeting wasn't that bad at all. All of the questions I thought they were going to ask they didn't even bring up. Whew.. sigh of relief.

Sounds good

Comment

Hi..
      Didn't we all tell you to relax...it sounds like it went just the way we told you it would..fast and easy. Just an FYI - when we had our 341 meeting..same thing...it went very fast, it was easy and the trustee said nothing about whether we would be confirmed or not. Our lawyer said everything went well and not to worry. He was right..one month later we were confirmed. I know it's hard but you'll know if you're confirmed soon enough.
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
        Hi..
        Didn't we all tell you to relax...it sounds like it went just the way we told you it would..fast and easy. Just an FYI - when we had our 341 meeting..same thing...it went very fast, it was easy and the trustee said nothing about whether we would be confirmed or not. Our lawyer said everything went well and not to worry. He was right..one month later we were confirmed. I know it's hard but you'll know if you're confirmed soon enough.
        Yes you all were right. I was worrying over nothing. Now it's just waiting to see if the trustee objects or confirms my plan. When you received confirmation, did you have to go to the hearing or was that a formality?

Comment

HI again,
          I didn't have to go to the confirmation (neither did my attorney)..It's just a formality. The good news is the plan showed as confirmed the same day as the hearing (on Pacer). It was a wonderful day. My attorney said that had there been a problem (which there wasn't) it would've been dealt with before the confirmation hearing.
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Just saw this on Pacer today. I guess this is a good thing?

Meeting of Creditors Held - Trustee Recommends Confirmation of the plan filed on 12/06/12, document number 18. Debtor appeared. Meeting concluded January 11, 2013. (Related document(s):24 Chapter 13 Meeting of Creditors (batch)) (P*** D***) (Entered: 01/14/2013)

Comment

I would say that's wonderful news
              Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Sounds like a good thing to me

Comment

My lawyers said that the trustee is satisfied with my plan and unless creditors object to it I should be home free paying $100/mo for 5 years.

Comment

I had the same experience - worried for nothing.

Comment

Why do they have 341 meetings...because it feels so good when it is over. Congratulations!
                      Lawyer - $3000
                      Filing fee - $299
                      Fresh Start - Priceless

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X