Trustee now takes E-pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee now takes E-pay

Was looking at my trustee web page today. Now takes e-pay . Make your payment before 6 pm ,it's get's credited today. M-F
    Will take it over the phone also ,just enter your check info . Do have too pay $1 ever time. It saves you from going the post office. Save that $4 ,gas, time.
    Just wish they started ,like 40 payments .sooner. 40 down 20 to go

Woo hoo 20!!!! That's so cool!
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Mine started taking the electronic payments about a year ago. I already had a stack of pre-addressed envelopes with forever postage, so I kept sending money orders. Besides, it was going to cost me $2.99 based on my payment amount and the postal money order is only $1.25 and I walk past the post office on my way to work every day.

It makes sense that they are finally taking electronic payments. They really should make it as easy as possible to make the plan payment. If I had the option at the beginning, I might of used it.
      Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 05-06-2015, 09:51 AM.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Think mine charges 2 bucks and its been available for the past 2 years or so, i dont care best thing that ever happened....Going to the bank getting money order, mailing it, then waiting 2 weeks to see if they got it, plus envelope, stamps etc etc that sucked.

Comment

You know what's really going to tickle your fancy? The electronic payments is the same bank that processes checks sent to the "lock box" in Tennessee. SunTrust Bank. (At least for Florida.)
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            You know what's really going to tickle your fancy? The electronic payments is the same bank that processes checks sent to the "lock box" in Tennessee. SunTrust Bank. (At least for Florida.)
            Hmmmm, so I wonder if fees that were previously paid by the trustees to SunTrust to process paper payments are now being paid by the debtor's to process the electronic payments.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
              Hmmmm, so I wonder if fees that were previously paid by the trustees to SunTrust to process paper payments are now being paid by the debtor's to process the electronic payments.
              It's called STI Online Payment Manager. I think it's used for other entities, other than bankruptcy Trustees, as a centralized payment center. I don't know when they started to use it, but they allow you to make one-at-a-time payments. Pulls from your checking account. You can make payments the same day as your payment is due (even though it appears that it takes 2 days to post, the Trustee counts it as on-time).

It does appear that it charges $2.00 every time you use it (the SunTrust payment system). I do know that some (Florida) Trustees will let you setup automatic payments through the Trustee and there is no surcharge (but it uses the same system so that's weird). I may be wrong on some details, but that's my basic understanding of how it works.

If the Trustees have moved the fee to the debtors, I guess that the Trustees got smart!
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X