Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PACER - Embergency CHPT 13 in Philadelphia How to Efile

Hi Everyone,

I would like to file pro se via the Eastern District of Pennsylvania - via PACER e-filing. I am stuck on the following:

1 - how to modify my registration so that it will allow me to actually file.
    2 - what documents are needed for barebones
    3 - whether or not I can get by with out having credit counseling but documenting that I will take it as I go along

Lastly will e-filing automatically trigger a stay or do I have to wait for a case number etc?

Thank you!

You CANNOT e-file. Only licensed attorneys with a proper password and credit card information on the ECF system are allowed to electronically file documents. You will need to physically bring (or mail) your documents to the bankruptcy court.

You need to supply the initial petition, a list of your creditors (in proper form - a mailing matrix), your Social Security Number declaration and your Credit Counseling Certificate along with the proper filing fee or the appropriate request for installments form. The balance of your documents will be due within 14 days.

If you wish to notify a creditor of the filing you will have to wait at the court for the case number and ask for the Notice of Bankruptcy Filing. Otherwise, the court will mail notices to all creditors as listed on your mailing matrix.

Des.
    Last edited by despritfreya; 06-16-2015, 01:02 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Depending on where you live, part, or sometimes all of the costs to file Ch 13 can be rolled into your Plan.

Are you behind on Secured Debt payments? Mortgage or car payments. Owe Priority, undischargeable debt such as the IRS, other taxes, etc.?

Even if you aren't in arrears, a good BK attny will be better able to get you a Court Approved, and hopefully live able budget for Ch 13. Have an emergency and need to skip a payment or 2, the attny should handle that for you. If you need a Modification, the attny should help you then too.

Visit several attnys in your area. See what they have to say. Consults are generally free so be sure to ask when scheduling appointments.

Comment

Yes, please consult with an attorney. A chap 13 is complicated. If you have income to fund a chap 13, you should be able to afford an attorney and pay the fees through the plan.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X