If I were in a 3 Year plan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were in a 3 Year plan!

I would be done this month!!!' Waaa waaaa ;/) Are there any advantages to hitting the 36 month mark beside being that much closer?
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

dmc-2008 it just feels good when you're in a 60-month plan. There are rumors that in some Districts, and I don't know which Districts, you can buy out early for the base amount once you hit 36-months. That's third hand and it's so Trustee specific. The only way to tell is to ask the Trustee if you could buyout the plan and not do the 60-months.

Otherwise, you're in for the full 60-months unless you have some sort of windfall and can pay 100% of the allowed (unsecured) claims.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I have to agree with DMC...it is hard being in a 60 month plan, when you reach 36 months. It's actually going quickly/well but somedays I just wonder. I'm paying 100% - on a very large amount.
      Sometimes I can't help but feel it's not fair that I'm doing 60 months because of what I'm paid (which in reality is not a huge amount), when others, who make less, ran just as high debts and are getting out earlier for far less. I bought a house that was within my means and don't get to strip any of it. I just got stuck in the credit card crisis of lowered limits and increased interest rates (my own fault) I really think the system needs to be restructured again. I'm sorry for negatvity.it's just one of those days.
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

The bankruptcy code makes no specific requirement that disposable income be contributed to the plan past 36 months. In other words, unless your Trustee just likes picking on you, increases in income past 36 months should not equal increases in plan payments.

Other than that small carrot, the last 24 months suck just as bad as the first 36.

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
          Sometimes I can't help but feel it's not fair that I'm doing 60 months because of what I'm paid (which in reality is not a huge amount), when others, who make less, ran just as high debts and are getting out earlier for far less.
          I understand that feeling. For me, the even worse feeling is knowing that discharging EVERYTHING through a Chapter 7 would have put me in a much better current position in terms of credit scores. I think the bankruptcy law should be amended so that Chapter 13 isn't more punitive to credit than Chapter 7. The fact that we're at square one after five years of doing the right thing isn't just counterintuitive, it's reprehensible.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X