Discharged!! Wahoo!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged!! Wahoo!!

I can't believe how fast the 5 years went by! I received my discharge papers yesterday and can't believe the journey is over. My wife and I paid over $80k in the 5 year 0% Ch. 13 (2 cars) and can now breath a sigh of relief. I have learned a valuable lesson about credit and will not go down that path again. I just need to rebuild my credit so I can refinance my house and I will be set! Believe it or not, I applied for my 1st credit card in over 5 years and was approved for a Cap 1 Quicksilver card with a credit line of $3k! I will never forget Capital One for this and will use this card responsibly to rebuild my credit. To all who have just started their journey, I wish you good luck and remember, it really isn't as bad as it seems. The time will fly by and the next thing you do will be to write a similar post here at this wonderful forum!

Congrats on breaking that ribbon at the finish line. I know a credit card can come in handy for some things like a car rental or whatever, but be careful.

11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Congratulations...I can only imagine how fantastic you and your wife feel. I believe you've learned from the experience, but I agree with Spidge, be careful with the new card.
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Congrats on your discharge. I also got a Cap 1 card, 3k. I waited a few months before applying, but I use it each month for one or two purchases and pay it off in full a day or 2 after the statement date. I don't wait for the due date. it has helped with the credit rebuild. My husband did not want me to get one but he also wants a new car next year! Good luck to you.
        Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Yes congrats!!!! Five long years!!!!!' Woo hoo !!! Lucky lucky!!!!
          Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
            Congrats on breaking that ribbon at the finish line. I know a credit card can come in handy for some things like a car rental or whatever, but be careful.

Another idea from a friend on how he uses one of his rewards cards. He schedules all his bills to be paid from a card and schedules the card payment from his own account. This keeps everything paid on time and helps him to manage the one large payment from his monthly income.
            11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Congratulations, NeedOptions!
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Congrats!!!

I have two CapOne cards, Quicksilver and Venture, as they were the only ones out there that offered no annual fee and being fresh out of my 13. The rewards on the Quicksilver card do come in handy and they have even upped my limit since I took them out about a year ago. Needless to say but they are used sparingly and paid in full each month. I, too, am trying to establish some credit so as to refinance a fairly high interest mortgage and having some credit seems to be a necessity in improving one's score. I am approaching the magic 2 year discharge mark and hoping for a big jump in credit score as the 13 comes off my report and I am able to access some lenders without that hanging over my head.
                Last edited by BNKRPTinNC; 10-24-2015, 03:20 PM.
                Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X