awaiting discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awaiting discharge

I am listed on pacer as awaiting discharge,but, since April 24 on NDC, I am pending completion audit. Which is which? from what I read, pacer is more accurate. How long will it take for this to be completed/discharged. it is chapter 13 and I am in ohio. What is the difference between payment due and payment owed and why isn't it the same? Thank you for you time.

The interesting thing about PACER is that you're "Awaiting Discharge" from the first day you file. The Trustee's system, the National Data Center, and PACER are completely different systems used for different purposes.

I never trust the values in the NDC as it is a tool for the Trustee to manage the payments in the case. The only way to really tell what is owed is to ask the Trustee for a payoff amount.

The discharge process in a Chapter 13 typically takes 30-60 days from the last payment. During that period, the Trustee performs an audit and ensures that all checks are cashed and balances the books.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you. I am new to Pacer. I guess I still have a payment or 2 to make based on the payment due and payment owed columns. The NDC hasn't logged in last pay check (auto deducted from pay)probably due to the holiday. My disbursement show up around the 20th. We will see. Thank you again for your help.

Comment

Your golden. Contact your attorney to stop any wage garnishment that may be in effect.

Congrats.
        11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Not quite sure what your golden means-i am guessing it is good(my old age is showing lol). Attorney said months ago the trustee has to do that. I am figuring I have 1.5 payments to make- that would make my last payment on the 23rd. So I am guessing I will be completely discharged-July 29th. Thanks for responding.

Comment

Hi Everyone. I received the Debtors' Certification Regarding Issuance of discharge from my attorney. It really wasn't worth all the anxiety it caused me. I spoke to the trustee office and they filed the form to stop my payroll deductions, just in time for me to be over $300 richer when I got paid yesterday. Monday the trustee will make the final payment and I will get a refund. She didn't say how much, but anything will be helpful. I wish I learned about this side 4 1/2 years ago. I guess now I wait the 30-90 days for the official discharge. Thanks.

Comment

Congratulations butterly56..I am so happy for you. Looks like we both received good news today!!!!!
              Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
              Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

what is the difference between an order of discharge (which was granted 8/11/16) and case dismissed. I just noticed on pacer the order of discharge.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly56 View Post
                  what is the difference between an order of discharge (which was granted 8/11/16) and case dismissed. I just noticed on pacer the order of discharge.
                  Let's start with the dismissal. A dismissal means that a case was terminated without being discharged or administratively "closed". You would not want to see a dismissal if you were expecting a discharge/close.

So, it is with that I write, congratulations on your discharge!

This means that your (dischargeable) debts are officially discharged. If you want, you can download that Order of Discharge and print it for your records. You should also receive a copy from the court and/or your attorney shortly.

Again, congratulations on a Chapter 13 discharge. A significant event!

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you for the explanation. How long does it take to receive copies from the court.

Comment

Typically, court orders are sent via a centralized printing department known as the Bankruptcy Noticing Center or BNC. If you signed up for electronic notification, then the BNC would send you a link in an email so that you could print/download the "paper" electronically. If you did not sign up for electronic notification, the BNC typically sends U.S. Mail to your address of record within 3 days of the paper being filed. This could mean 6-7 days before you receive it in the mail.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X