Mortgage Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage Question

I filed chapter 13 recently. My mortgage is not included. I have never missed a payment or been late. I tried to login to my account today to pay July's bill and received a notification that my credentials are invalid. Tried calling the company, but since it's off hours they aren't open. I asked my lawyer and he said that although my mortgage isn't included they are notified and it isn't unusual for them to block online access and stop sending statements. Basically I just need to know to make my payment. Has this happened to anyone else? How am I supposed to pay my mortgage? Just send a check and nothing else (no stub since they won't send me statements)? This seems odd. How am I supposed to know if my payment changes (due to escrow adjustments)? Any feedback is appreciated.

It seems to be the norm for on line payments to be blocked. What I would do is make a copy of a prior mortgage statement - make a proforma, blank out dates and make several copies so you can send in something with your check. Make sure that the address for the payments is correct - sometimes there's a different address for bankruptcy cases.. Call them to be sure. I am sure that if your escrow does change that they would notify you.

Comment

I think it is normal for companies to block access, I just set up my payment with my banks bill pay so it gets paid automatic every month. If there are any changes to the escrow they send everything to the trustee and attorney who than forward it to me.

Comment

Our mortgage company also cut off online access to our mortgage account after they received notification of our filing. I found out I could make the scheduled monthly payment by telephone using their automated system. That has worked out well as the payment is credited on the day the payment is made. I continue to get monthly statements that shows account activity and escrow status.
        Filed chapter 13 petition 7-7-2015
        Discharged 8-28-2020

Comment

This does seem to be pretty standard. I get nothing for our mortgage (which I HATE) -- I literally send in a check with the account number on it and that is it. Our mortgage was sold in the middle of the bankruptcy so that was fun...I was able to login I think once to set up the account and that was it when we got the information that we had a new mortgage company.

I wished I at least got a statement in the mail since I work better that way but I don't. I do get notices of escrow changes, etc...

Comment

Yes thats normal I think. The address to where I sent my mortgage changed too. So I do not send my payment to the place that comes with the bill, I put a label over it and write in the address. 15 more labels! 😜
            Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Originally posted by lvmilizia View Post
              I think it is normal for companies to block access, I just set up my payment with my banks bill pay so it gets paid automatic every month. If there are any changes to the escrow they send everything to the trustee and attorney who than forward it to me.
              That seems to be the easiest way to deal with it if you have online bill pay. I was already paying my mortgage that way before I filed, so I didn't need to change anything.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I'm very lucky.my bank's attitude was because we were paying it outside the plan, there would be no change. We are still able to pay online. We do not get monthly statements but any info we need we can pull offline. They also answer any questions I've had. They've actually been very good to deal with; again I know we're very lucky, but I believe it's because it's a community bank.
                Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Our online access was restricted in the beginning of our ch13, but after a few months we were allowed back in to make payments as usual. They also sent statements with a simple note that it was for informational use only. Give it a month or two. It may go back to some normalcy once the BK department gets control of the account.
                  11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X