top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The beginning of the end - it's overwhelming and exciting!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The beginning of the end - it's overwhelming and exciting!!!!

Hello everyone,

A couple months ago I wrote that if things went as well as they have been, we will be able to make extra payments and pay off our plan by the end of July. Well, the wheels are in motion. We are in a Chapter 13-100% plan.

I contacted my attorney, who contacted the trustee and got a payoff amount. He asked where the payments were coming from just in case there was any question - there wasn't.

We use the TSF online system to pay our trustee. As the amount is larger than normal, I had to schedule two payments, two days apart. One of the payments will be in the trustee's account on July 5th, the other on July 7th. It's so overwhelming and yet exciting. My attorney confirmed we had completed both Financial courses (reflected in pacer) and sent us the statement of support to verify we have no outstanding support due. The signed forms will be with the attorney on Tuesday. The trustees office said he audit should be complete by the end of July.

It is so incredible thinking about this. We have lived within a budget we created for ourselves and dealt with a couple emergencies along the way.
    We didn't deprive ourselves of everything but made the sacrifices that needed to be made to make this work.

I will never ever use a credit card again. This was a huge payback that was comprised of one vehicle and massive credit card debt.

We have some savings in the bank now and what we need we pay fior or go without until we have the funds. I think it's actually brought us closer together as we spend more time together doing activities we both enjoy (that cost very little)

Since we will not have a July payment (we paid the plan out of savings), we have increased my husband's 401K payment by a massive percent.
    We will add some of the payment money into our living budget but the majority of it will be going into retirement accounts.

We are now focused on moving forward and planning for the future.

This final payment will be number 48 of 60. Chase did not file a claim so our plan was actually based on 55 payments.

I wish the best for everyone starting out. It's not totally difficult, it's having a plan and working hard to follow it.

It's not over yet, but it's close, you will hear my screams of joy online I'll be back with updates.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hope it closes out well for you. We are just over the halfway mark.

Comment

Thanks Switch, believe it or not, you'll be at the en before you know it. Suddenly the payments left number will be way lower than you remember
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Congrats Sophianne. It sounds like you will be in great shape to create plans for your future.

By the way, you might consider a credit card for renting cars and holds at hotels and such.
        11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Thanks Spidge.
          We have a Debit/Credit card and we've agreed that's all we want going forward. Never had problem booking a hotel room with it, so hopefully that continues
          How are you doing?
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

• spidge
            spidge commented
            Editing a comment
            We are doing OK. We just received the county clerk recording of the lien strip and am working on credit report. Not because we want to do anything but just in case. I want it accurate and ready if we need to sell the house and start over. Still fighting for every penny to help our young adult kids who are just starting out, but they are hanging in and refocussing as needed. The little woman and I still seem to have differing ideas on where to sacrifice and where to spend, but its not that out of control. We are both committed to cash only living so that helps, but sometimes I think its a race to see who gets it spent first. I see a good balance and think oil change and she thinks stock up on everything plus some over indulgences. Snacks, odd household accessories, etc...
            I tend to be a facilitator helping everyone get what they want leaving me with nothing. Its starting to get to me.

My final payment is on the 15th. So, it looks like we're waiting for the same thing to elapse, which is, the timing between the trustees receipt of the last payment and their notification to the perspective entities that no more payments need made.

I know that I am looking to finally, after 5 long years, receiving a full check.
          Final Payment 7/2016

Comment

• spidge
            spidge commented
            Editing a comment
            I suggest contacting your attorney once you know the trustee applies the last payment so he/she can remind the trustee to stop the withholdings.

Out4good...yea for you!!!!! Here's oo a quick and easy discharge for both of us. I'm WA state, where are you? We can watch the progress from each of our states together Yes, going forward is going to be great!!!!
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Almost there Soph!!!!

smidge, maybe its time for a meeting with the fam!

Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
              Out4good...yea for you!!!!! Here's oo a quick and easy discharge for both of us. I'm WA state, where are you? We can watch the progress from each of our states together Yes, going forward is going to be great!!!!
              I'm in Texas....Southern District. I'll be reporting on the timing of how it goes.

My certificate for the debtors education course has already posted with the court within Pacer.

It's going to be an interesting next few months.
              Final Payment 7/2016

Comment

Hi,

I am in the beginning of my 3rd year of BK 13. Today I paid off my BK13 in which I paid back 100% So happy. I understand the joy and anticipation you are feeling

Comment

lisacoby - Congradulations!!!! I'm very happy for you. It's been 3 months since my discharge and it feels FANTASTIC!!!! Good luck going forward.
                  Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

sophieanne Thank you! And Congratulations to you!!! It will feel great once that final payment is processed. The process I had to take is. Contacted my attorney via email and asked him about payoff. He told me to request it in writing and fax to my Trustees office. I first contacted Trustees office to make sure it was ok and to also get fax number. The staff was polite and pulled up my case to make sure I was paying at 100%, if not I would have to file a motion with BK Court to allow payoff at a lower %. Three days later, I received my payout document from Trustee. I then made a payment via TFS Bill Pay. I also faxed the Trustee a letter requesting an audit on my case once all funds have processed. I also provided the source of funds and my consulting contract in fax. (Requesting my audit means absolutely nothing). Trustee has his own system and process. I just thought I'd help. So I look forward to my new future.

So I am looking at the New Year 2017 to celebrate!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X