BK requirements made by Trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK requirements made by Trustee

I have a question, the 2nd lawyer that I met with stated that when I file, he needs my past 3 months bank statements. So, I contacted the first lawyer that I met with because he never mentioned this, and he stated that he does not need my past 3 months bank statements, and to not worry about it. What in the???? Of course, today, I will meet with a 3rd lawyer and ask her this question... but, I've received 2 completely different answers so far. Is it because I'm in Louisiana and the law depends upon "who you know"? My other question is, if I have to show my last 3 months of bank statements to the trustee, would there be any benefit in obtaining a Walmart Money Card to be able to make purchases that they might have issue with? And, if I don't get a WM card, and I withdraw cash from my bank, will they be grilling me on that and what I used that for? Is the only time to use a WM prepaid card when you are possibly going to be involved in garnishment with your checking account?

1. Your Trustee is most likely going to want copies of at least 3 months of bank statements so gathering them now, instead of later, makes sense.

2. Some attnys want to see the statements before the case is filed just to make sure there are no unusual transactions that a Trustee might question.

As to the Walmart card, why would you do that? Do you have something to hide? You do not change your day-to-day activities because you are filing bk - unless those activities are "fraudulent". Changing your normal way of doing things will raise questions.

As to cash withdrawal - keep receipts to show how the money was spent. I assume you are not going to go out and buy toys such as a 60" TV or some such non-necessity.

I believe you are over-thinking this.

Des.

Comment

I could not have said it better than Des. I would stop worrying about my personal finances because it just is what it is at this point.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you both... and no, I have nothing to hide.
        Just an update though... I met with the 3rd attorney and I'm so glad I did. She was AH-MAZING. Cleared everything up for me, answered all of my questions, and very personable. I felt like I was in a completely different appointment than the previous 2. So, it pays to shop around.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X