X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice of Case Completion and Closiing

Getting closer!!

Letter to stop payroll deduction - check

Now I need to figure out how to fill out the Debtors Certification Regarding Issuance of Discharge Order. I sent email to my attorney, hopefully she does not drag her feet.

Also what is the order or paperwork that needs filled for the loan strip? I know that before I sell my house I need make sure that is taken care of.

Thanks,

BC

Yay Bobcat , I've been waiting to hear that you have progressed.

The form you have to fill out is very easy; hopefully your attorney gets back quickly.

Unfortunately, I don't know about lien strips so I'll wait (with you) to see what an experienced person has to say.

Happy Thursday!
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Congratulations!

The certification is usually a standard form that you sign and submit. From what I can recall, it's mostly about whether you are current on any domestic support orders (DSOs) and that you have taken the financial management class (and maybe a couple of other things). I think it's usually a "local" form, so look for that specific form on your district's web site.

As for lien stripping, it works so many different ways. You would need to refer to your order stripping the lien. In some districts, that order is self-executing when accompanied by a discharge order (in other words, you can file the lien strip along with the discharge order, with your local recorder of deeds, in order to void the lien). In other places / districts it could be a little more complex. Lenders "should" automatically file a satisfaction of mortgage or release of lien upon discharge without further notice. However, they are not always on top of things and may need to be motivated (a call or letter from attorney).

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by bobcat216 View Post
        Getting closer!!

Letter to stop payroll deduction - check

Now I need to figure out how to fill out the Debtors Certification Regarding Issuance of Discharge Order. I sent email to my attorney, hopefully she does not drag her feet.

Also what is the order or paperwork that needs filled for the loan strip? I know that before I sell my house I need make sure that is taken care of.

Thanks,

BC
        My lawyer filled out both these pieces of paperwork for me and filed them with the court. Right now, I'm just circling in a holding pattern and waiting to land.
        Final Payment 7/2016

Comment

Thank you everyone for the info. I received an email from the attorney yesterday and have her working on it.
          "I cannot file the certification regarding discharge until the trustee files a notice of discharge eligibility."
          Another waiting game for the Notice of discharge eligibility.

Baby steps.....

Comment

Hi again...did the attorney say how long that would take??? It seems odd they sent the form and you can't fill it out yet. My attorney had me fill iout and then posted it in Pacer the day my final payment posted to my account. I know - everyone has their own system.
            Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X