Trustee Final Report and Account Posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee Final Report and Account Posting

So, I actually got my discharge papers a couple of months ago. However, still waiting for the case to close.

Today, on NDC, I noticed that my case has been changed from completed pending FRA to just completed. Seeing that there was movement on NDC, I run to Pacer and find that the trustee has posted his final report and accounting on my case. Paid 31% to unsecured creditors.

It is only a matter of time before my case is officially closed and I'll be able to put this behind me.
    Final Payment 7/2016

out4good3 Hello and yay!!!!! It really shouldn't be long now. My trustee's final report was filed and two hours later the court closed the case (viewed in Pacer). Congratulations, you are at the very end now!!!!!
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

how do you find out the percent you are paying back?

Comment

Originally posted by janes712 View Post
        how do you find out the percent you are paying back?
        janes712 there is no way to tell what your actual percent payback will be unless you are in a 100% plan (in which case it would be 100% of the allowed unsecured claims). The percent payback does not matter at all to you (if you're not in a 100% plan). It only matters what your monthly payment would be. The percentage payback is an arbitrary number that can, and typically does, change over the life of your Chapter 13 if you're not in a 100% plan. It only really matters to the unsecured creditors themselves so that they can understand what they "may" expect during the life of the plan.

When your case is completed, the Trustee's website (the National Data Center (NDC) or even 13Network) will show the percentage actually paid back based on the allowed claims filed and what you paid into the plan to the unsecured creditor pool. The unsecured creditor pool comes from your disposable monthly income (DMI).

Originally posted by justbroke
        From a post that I made earlier

Actually, the percent payback does not matter at all. While it may still be the case in some Districts, most Chapter 13 Model Plans that I have reviewed no longer include the language "percent payback" and only care about the total amount to unsecured creditors. That is because they have consistently found that this percentage is too fluid in non-100% cases. The % Payback neither refers, in any way, to the % of creditors that file a Proof of Claim (POC) nor the total values of the claims actually filed. The purpose of this thread was specifically to dispel the myth about the % Payback being the end-all-be-all.
        Last edited by justbroke; 11-06-2016, 03:43 PM.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Got hit with a $44.00 Pacer bill last week. That is from me looking online checking to see when if and when the case is finally closed.

I think I need to go to Pacer's Anonymous!!!!

My case still hasn't closed yet as of today and I'm already up to $13.00.

I need to back up off-mmm---it!!!
          Final Payment 7/2016

Comment

Originally posted by out4good3 View Post
            Got hit with a $44.00 Pacer bill last week. That is from me looking online checking to see when if and when the case is finally closed.

I think I need to go to Pacer's Anonymous!!!!

My case still hasn't closed yet as of today and I'm already up to $13.00.

I need to back up off-mmm---it!!!
            You know that you don't have to incur ANY CHARGE to check on your case? If you search for your case and pull it up, you can tell from the FIRST SCREEN and that costs absolutely nothing. I would only look at the Hstory/Documents if the date changed.

Look at the top of the screen just under your name, case number, judge info, etc. You'll see a "Date discharged"; that is the date the case was discharged. When the case closes, you'll see an additional date "Date terminated"; that's the date the case closed (or was otherwise terminated, dismissed).

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X