When does Pacer bill/charge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When does Pacer bill/charge?

Some say here that Pacer charges every month. But it comes out every 3 months. For me, it was 7/1/16 to 9/30/16 and the bill/statement was 10/5/2016. My question is knowing that I will be charged in January for the last three months so "Will I be charged automaticly on January 5th from my bank account? Are do you think it will be later are sooner per your own experience? Does it always charge on the 5th of the billing month. I do know that in any given statement if your usage is below $15.00 there will be no charge for that statement/month. Please help. Thank you.

I only owed Pacer once, so I can't tell you exactly what day they will charge you. But, I can tell you that they bill quarterly. So if your usage was over $15, then you should expect a debit around the same time they billed you last quarter.

What are you doing to incur more than $15 in charges per quarter? There really should be no reason to incur PACER fees.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

PACER is a quarterly charge and has always been a quarterly charge.

I can't tell you which specific date that PACER will withdraw money or charge a credit/debit card. My April 2015 bill had a due date of May 8, 2015. My July 2015 (7/10/2015) bill had a due date of August 7, 2015. My January 2015 (1/14/2015) bill had a due date of February 8, 2015.

Since I can't guess when the U.S. Courts will actually charge people you can look at the trend which seems to be around the 8th of the month following the billing.

I hope that your PACER bill isn't so large as to you can't afford it.

I'm a self-professed PACERholic but have stopped most of the charges. I try to stay under $15 a quarter. I am still actively looking at cases in PACER because I am addicted to PACER. Don't be me.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        PACER is a quarterly charge and has always been a quarterly charge.

I can't tell you which specific date that PACER will withdraw money or charge a credit/debit card. My April 2015 bill had a due date of May 8, 2015. My July 2015 (7/10/2015) bill had a due date of August 7, 2015. My January 2015 (1/14/2015) bill had a due date of February 8, 2015.

Since I can't guess when the U.S. Courts will actually charge people you can look at the trend which seems to be around the 8th of the month following the billing.

I hope that your PACER bill isn't so large as to you can't afford it.

I'm a self-professed PACERholic but have stopped most of the charges. I try to stay under $15 a quarter. I am still actively looking at cases in PACER because I am addicted to PACER. Don't be me.
        Thank you justbroke. Yeah, this time is going to be large, but I could not get my attorney to give me a straight are any answer sometime. Pacer was a big help and now I must pay, but needed to know when. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
          I only owed Pacer once, so I can't tell you exactly what day they will charge you. But, I can tell you that they bill quarterly. So if your usage was over $15, then you should expect a debit around the same time they billed you last quarter.

What are you doing to incur more than $15 in charges per quarter? There really should be no reason to incur PACER fees.
          Your right, but this once I have to pay. Thanks LadyInTheRed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X