Wage order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wage order

Did anyone avoided in chapter 13 deduction order and used automatic bank withdrawal?

my attorney told me he will try to convince the trustee not to use wage order because I work for a small foreign company which they might not understand filing bk.

Yes. My BK13 doesn't require a wage order. I'm currently on payment #37 (of 60) and I used to send a bank check via USPS priority every month. I recently went to TFS because I had a few scares with the mail and one instance where the Trustee received the check, cashed it but didn't put it towards my account. They were good about it and eventually realized their mistake but it was a tense few days. TFS takes forever, it seems, but at least I have a definite paper trail.

Comment

Did you have a business or you worked for an employee? Which state you filed in?

Comment

Whether or not you can avoid a Wage Deduction Order (WDO) is district-specific. In some Districts, such as Middle District of Florida, some Chapter 13 Trustees allow you to use a WDO, mail in payments directly to the Tennessee lock box (PO box), or use their ePay system for either automatic payments or manual payments. (The ePay system is actually a SunTrust bank product.)

The only reason to avoid the WDO is that those deductions show on your payroll statements. If you're able to use a Trustee's "automatic" payment system (by ACH bank draft), that may work better. The downside is that you had better make sure you never have one of those drafts returned! They don't allow that NSF (returns for insufficient funds) and as soon as it happens, you'll be kicked off permanently from the ePay system and you'll be subject to a court-issued WDO.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

You can also use your bank's bill pay, they allow it in Ohio.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X