6 months since last payment and still in audit status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 months since last payment and still in audit status

I made my last payment mid July 2016, and have been diligently checking the NDC site. My case status has changed from active to audit in October 2016, but has been in that status since.

I contacted my attorney in Dec 2016 and he told me that it did seem longer than normal, but said all he could do was check the status on it, and that he couldn't push trustee to work faster.

Last update in Dec 2016 from attorney was it should be 90 days from now. Fast forward to now (Feb 5th) and still no change. The 90th day he estimated should be m the end of February.

Has anyone experienced this kind of delay or shed any kind of advice?

It can be normal especially in the busier District. I would say that the entire month of December was slow just due to holidays (the Federal government seems to crawl to the speed of a glacier in December).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Good to hear...was starting to lose hope thinking something was wrong.

Comment

California is notorious for taking upwards of 90 days to close out a Chapter 13.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          California is notorious for taking upwards of 90 days to close out a Chapter 13.
          Not all parts of California. In the Oakland Division of the Northern District, I was discharged about 37 days after my last payment posted and my case was closed a month after discharge.

Not to say that it is unusual in some courts to take much longer. If your attorney has made sure everything is in order, all you can do is wait.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Just checked the NDC site, and status has now changed to "audit for completion," and it case closed date of 02-06-17. I have a funds on hand amount of about 400 dollars which has been there for a little over four months now. Anyone have any insight as to how much longer do I have to discharge and the next steps? Thanks to everyone whos posted feedback so far.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post

Not all parts of California. In the Oakland Division of the Northern District, I was discharged about 37 days after my last payment posted and my case was closed a month after discharge.
              You may have a record. I think Florida is upwards of 60 days as the Chapter 13 Standing Trustee seems to like to wait at least 45 days for all the checks to "clear".

Comment

I made my last payment in a large sum early in January and today in the mail, I received the legal document by the trustee saying there will be a 30 day period for creditors to dispute why my case should not be discharged- the back shows all 0's for amount owed and I have $2k coming back to me!

NDC said I had funds on hand for an extra month- looks like we will have pretty close discharge dates.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X