top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 years later I am complete ! What a wild strange trip its been: discharge questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 years later I am complete ! What a wild strange trip its been: discharge questions

Well I am finally done and in audit review. Five long years in the third district. All non secured debt appears will be discharged. The first mortgage that was the only thing behind due to divorce now is current as far as the trustee is onccerned. Wells Fargo still hasn't balanced the account but through out this they have been a disorganized mess. PNC Bank was even more screwed up. They modified my loan, lowered the payments and interest for two years (0%) then never proceed to include this in the claim. They didn't want to get stripped. So as of now my payments are 6 months paid in advance according to them. I also (despite my constant reminding to legal council and the trustee telling them have overpaid) have an overfunded plan. So I will be getting a refund it appears. So here is the question: I have a quit claim that I couldn't execute to get my wife's name of the mortgage wile in active BK. Wells Fargo interest rate is 5.1% and PNC 8.3%.Would like to refinance but concerned I will have to wait. Any thoughts on this ? Happily I have also just been promoted and my income has doubled plus benefits. Nice start to the end of my 13.

Congratulations. A 60-month Chapter 13 is a journey and you made it through. Enjoy your fresh start.

As far as refinancing, see if the HARP program is still around and that you qualify.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congrats!!! It is a lobg strange trip for sure! But you did it! Woo hoo!
      Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Congratulations!

Definitely check HARP. I couldn't use HARP because my mortgage is not backed by Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae. I found that my only option for refinancing is an FHA loan. Fortunately, my adjustable rate mortgage is currently at only 3.75%. So, I decided to avoid the extra costs of FHA and wait to refi until this April when my BK will be off my credit reports. If my rates were as high as yours, I probably would have gone for the FHA loan a year ago.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

^ Same here. Couldn't use HARP either but did a refi to a fixed 3.0% 15 year loan from an 8.0% 30 year with 21 years left. With little to no equity FHA was my only option. Even with added PMI the new payment was about the same. Saved me a bundle.I did find that if you have to go FHA there seems to be a 2 year wait post discharge before banks will look at you. Not set in stone but I did run into it a number of times when I tried to refinance just after completing our 13.
          Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X