2 more dependents added during 13 should I redo the plan? 30/60 halfway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 more dependents added during 13 should I redo the plan? 30/60 halfway

I'm wondering if I should try to get lower plan payments halfway thru my C13 repayment plan. I'm no where near a 100% plan more like 40%. Maybe convert to a 7? I don't want to lose my home equity of $60-$80K. Also my non dependent daughter is paying $500 mo. to live with me but this wasn't reported in the plan or at the 341. What do you think? Calling or writing to my lawyer doesn't get a response. TIA

Your post from 2017

The Trustee raised my plan $175 a month because of home equity and assesst. Should I catch up the difference on the 2 payments I've already made? TIA

seems to suggest that you cannot lower your Plan payment as it appears you were required to increase it to cover the non-exempt equity in your property. Unfortunately, adding dependents does not mean you get to lower your Plan payment. If you wish to continue to keep your non-exempt assets, you are required to pay to your creditors what they would have received had you filed a Chapter 7.

If you initially qualified for a Chapter 7 and no longer wish to protect the non-exempt assets then you might be able to convert.

Your best course of action is to talk to your attny.

Des.

Comment

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
      If you initially qualified for a Chapter 7 and no longer wish to protect the non-exempt assets then you might be able to convert.
      That is the answer.

I am thanking that despritfreya took the time to look up the old post, because I wouldn't have remembered about the non-exempt asset part.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Lawyer says it's best to leave it as is. Thanks

Comment

I was hoping they'd recalculate my disposable income to lower my plan payment. Oh well just 30 payments to go...........

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X