top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmation scheduled for tomorrow. Amended schedules filed..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation scheduled for tomorrow. Amended schedules filed..

So tomorrow is supposed to be my scheduled day for my confirmation hearing. I amended my schedules to relent to the Trustee's objections because 1. my husband returned to his second job very very limited hours and 2. post-secondary education for our son, autistic or not, just wasn't going to get any sympathy from anyone. I've learned very quickly that the bankruptcy court doesn't care about my circumstances or my issues, just the capacity to pay and how much I can feasibly pay without crashing and burning or having to dismiss or convert or start again. My husband hasn't worked that job in over three months and it sucks that in order to get a confirmable plan, I have to relent to a Trustee's whims. And honestly that may not even be enough. The Trustee believes I should pay back 100% which isn't even remotely close to feasible because my husband has his own debt and that cannot be rolled into my bankruptcy like our tax and home arrears debt. He also can't force my husband to file because he's got a hard-on for him not including his expenses. Not sure how he thinks that is going to ever be an option since my husband is trying to keep a clearance that allows the funding to pay this bankruptcy in the first place. But I digress..

Do I want to go to this hearing..absolutely not. Do I have any optimism that this will work out? Also no. I just want to hope for the best. Given the last few months (actually years) I've had to "stay strong" for, I'd just like SOMETHING to pan out and work out smoothly.

So wish me luck, say a prayer, light some sage..anything to help is appreciated

kmccoleman - I want to wish you luck tomorrow. You just won't know what will/could happen till your their and going through the issues. Hopefully you come back with some positive news tomorrow.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

sophieanne My prayers were answered. No court. No more objections. The amended schedules worked. CONFIRMED!!

Comment

kmccoleman - I commented on your good news post...congratulations!!!!! Now you can move forward and start working towards financial freedom!!!
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Have you ever danced with the Trustee, during the confirmation plight?

Just something I just made up to highlight the back-and-forth and the, sometimes, uneasiness with getting to and through confirmation.

Congratulations!

(It's a parody of the Joker's “Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight”)
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

LOL justbroke! I actually love that line from Jack Nicholson. "Something I ask of all my prey. I just like the sound of it."

I'm very happy to no longer be prey. Hopefully the next 4 plus years will fly by. Or at the very least not be as terrible as the last four. Yaay, optimism?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X