After the Discharge; Before the Close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the Discharge; Before the Close

So, my final payment was in the beginning of May 2019. I received my discharge at the end of August (month 65). I am still awaiting the closing. I think there's a light at the end of the tunnel. My Trustee's site now has my case in "red" highlight, so I looked in PACER and see that they filed the final report on Thursday.

So that was 6 months from final payment to closing (although I'm not quite closed until I see it on PACER!).

I know the closing is an insignificant milestone, but for me... it's finality.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Nice, Congratulations!!

Comment

Congrats!
      I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

I just checked the status on PACER and the "due" date to close the case is set to the end of November. It's so slow! LOL!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Hi justbroke - Yay! The very end is very close! I understand that feeling of wanting to know it's signed, sealed, delivered and FINISHED!
          WA state is pretty close. It's about 3 months after discharge that the case actually closed. You truly are a bankruptcy wizard for both 7's and 13's.
          Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Congratulations on your new start! Double congratulations on having accomplished this on your own! After all the help and support that you have given, Iā€™m very happy to hear that you have an end to a long hard road! šŸ™‚šŸ™‚

Comment

Congratulations!
              Chapter 13 - May 2014
              Broke but not broken...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X