top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long After Final Payment Can We Legally Put Our Home On The Market To Sell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Long After Final Payment Can We Legally Put Our Home On The Market To Sell?

Happy New Year all!
    Our 60th payment should clear in January/ February 2022. How long after that are we legally allowed to begin the process to sell our current home and permanently relocate to another location?( i.e. another state )
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Barbisi; 01-02-2020, 08:01 PM.

When your case closes, which could be another 60-90 days. Otherwise, you need permission of the court which should be easily obtained if necessary. The estate still exists and the prohibition of selling real property remains when the case is active (open). At least that's the best way to ensure that there are no issues.

If you really need to sell early, you could seek permission by asking the Chapter 13 Trustee and filing the right motion to allow sale.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks JB!
      These last three years have been mighty unpleasant to say the least.Being allowed to sell the house (and solar panel lease) and move to another location with far better weather and real cultural opportunities in my field will be a true new start in life! We spent around 10k on medical issues in 2019.

Comment

So, you're moving to Arizona, Texas or Florida?
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

No jb Arizona is a true dessert while Florida is a" swamp" LOL (both climates make me ill, and I have the medical bills to prove it!) Texas will only happen if no where else is a go (i.e. no other job or we can't afford to live any where else). We loved the Dallas area in 2004 and didn't want to move but had to because my husband couldn't find a job after 16 months of unending unemployment. So we were forced to move to remote NH for an ultimately toxic position with R. which lasted for 15 years across three states ( NH, Virginia and Colorado) and ended last year when he was finally laid off. I do believe in the old adage "You can't go home again", and I reason both we and the area have changed too much. We had a good 8 year run in Plano/Richardson , but need a new place for our fresh start. We could try Austin as there are artistic pursuits there like a viable film community (unlike Colorado.)
          A half a dozen doctors here have all told me I will feel so much better and will need less medical care at a lower altitude with out extreme temperatures and barometric up and downs.(That means less $$$ spent on weekly chiro ($58 a visit, and regular PT to prevent re - injuries( $65) as well as occasional medical messages because of chronic soft tissue knots and pain.)
          Frankly I am tired of feeling lousy most of the time and having the locals say "take CBD -it's a miracle cure!"

Comment

LOL. Choices; a swamp, a desert, or Texas. I chose the swamp but Nevada and Texas were also on my short list. The latter being really close to being my choice; I was looking in the Houston area.

Comment

Well, Houston is more humid than both Dallas or Austin plus it's the fourth largest US city :to big for me jb LOL !
              And Nevada,if you don't gamble has little to offer, HAHA!

Comment

Barbisi Houston was my second choice, but lost solely due to the oppressive humidity. I think that only New Orleans is worse when it comes to humidity.

My Houston-stint love/hate. It seemed that everything that "I" wanted to do, was on the other side of town... which meant 25 miles each way! No matter where I would have chosen to live (NASA/Clearlake, Woodlands, Northeast, Galleria) would have put me out of the way. No way was I going to move into central Houston. But alas, Florida has some things that.I liked.

I only looked at Nevada because of the housing boom. I was looking to acquire properties and become a real-estate mogul. Thank the Lord that I didn't buy there!!!!!

I'm in technology too, and the first requirement was a major international airport with many flights to my frequent destinations (France, Germany, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Boston... just to name a few).

Comment

JB ,I did a film project in Houston many years ago and I never wanted to live there. I just remember us getting lost on the freeway LOL!
                  We are currently looking at the Pacific NW but not sure if it will be financially feasible given the higher COL. Also, living abroad would be a fantastic opportunity for me as I speak three languages and could easily learn more if given the chance. I have no family (save my cats and spouse so I have nothing to keep me here. ) My husband is a software engineer currently working on a CAD 3D Modeling project. There should be jobs in a more interesting place than this!
                  Colorado is a insulated, isolated cultural wasteland with smug, self-absorbed people living in self contained "bubbles". As long as you don't disturb their self created "harmony ", you'll get by. So consequently we have no real friends after 10 straight years of no travel or vacations. I am beyond fed up with an unsophisticated, shallow set of transplants and natives. Given that the surrounding states are hardly stellar cultural bastions of fascination (in MHO !) and the nearest "city" is 6 hours away, no wonder there is so little to do inside!
                  I just want out!

Comment

"Stellar cultural bastions of fascination"... I have to use that some day.

Comment

Well, jb I was looking for a diplomatic way to say, "mind numbingly boring! "

Comment

Nah, Barbisi, I like the original way you said it!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X