No announcement yet.

NEW JOB!! So many questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

justbroke I called the Trustee. Not sure if they'll contact me or my attorney but I did leave a message for my case administrator. I've always been okay with it being a voluntary payment or an auto debit or even sending it to the lockbox but my attorney said "that's just how they do it." Not to mention the fact that my new employer is in DC not Maryland so maybe the rules will change. They're HR is in Houston and I'm not even sure what they use for payroll yet since I don't officially start until the 16th.

Comment

kmccoleman - In my case, the trustee's office would contact me directly when I contacted them. As I said, worst case they say no, best case they say yes. Having said that, if you were upfront with your new employer, and they were fine with it, you're probably just stressing yourself out (which I totally understand). Let us know what happens.
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

sophieanne this entire journey with my bankruptcy has been a constant stresser. Anything out of my control basically makes me ansy. I just don't want to start off on the wrong foot. I'm already coming into a completely new situation (stress) with a HUGE firm (stress more) and three months of sweating to make sure I don't get terminated within 90 days (on the verge of a stroke stress). So it's a lot. I'm just hoping and praying I'll be able to do it voluntarily without a wage order in place just so I can get my foot in the door and firmly planted.

Comment

I hear you kmccoleman - let us know what the trustee's office said. I understand the stress and as hard as it is, take a deep breath and try to relax. You don't want to be overly stressed when you start your new job.
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Update: I've called the Trustee's office twice and left messages. No one has gotten back to me. I'm trying to avoid the order but no one wants to get back to me. And like I said, my attorney is worthless. I've left messages for the case administrator and got no follow-up.

Comment

Most Trustee's offices are very very busy and it is difficult to get through. They respond better to emails but even then it can take a week to get a response. Just because your attorney says "it's the way they do it" in your District doesn't mean that they are going to buck the system and seek special permission.

In fact, your attorney may not want to do it because they would have to either a.) charge you a fee for a motion and hearing (think $250 + $250 at least), or b.) they know that there is no money in the plan to pay them, so they can't perform any additional work for you. For the most part, a Chapter 13 attorney's fee only covers the case up to and including confirmation. Some districts allow a monitoring fee of $50/month or so, but that doesn't cover new motions/hearing.

That's just the state of the business, but keep trying.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

kmccoleman - I agree that your trustee's office may just be busy...and hopefully you will hear something. I still don't think it's wrong to try. I know what is said about what the attorney is paid for, but I also know, my attorney let me call a few times and helped me through some issues. Never once said there would be an extra charge or could be an extra charge. You just don't know if you don't try.
                Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

justbroke unfortunately they only have his contact number on my information. And my attorney probably does have his email address but she'd never disclose that to me. NDC only has his contact number listed, no email. I guarantee he was being bombarded with emails and just removed it entirely. I can maybe look at what he's got listed on PACER though.

sophieanne I'll try again at the end of the week if I haven't heard anything. Hopefully third times a charm. *fingers crossed*

Comment

Congrats on your new job kmccoleman !!!!!!!
                    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Carmella THANK YOU!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X