How would divorce affect my chapter 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would divorce affect my chapter 13?

What if I add a divorce to my chapter 13? My husband did not file with me, so would my chapter 13 change to a 7? How hard would this be to do and what would it entail? I’m trying to keep it (the marriage) together but it’s very hard. The problem is we have 3 months of arrears on the house too. I never ever thought I would be in this situation and yet here I am. My 341 is scheduled on the 6th if it does not get cancelled due to COVid 19.

Gonna try o stick it out but need to know what would happen if this happened. Thanks!

Have you asked your attorney? He or she would probably be your best first stop.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Not yet

Comment

Originally posted by skyoumans View Post
        What if I add a divorce to my chapter 13? My husband did not file with me, so would my chapter 13 change to a 7? How hard would this be to do and what would it entail?
        I actually did this. I was in talks about divorce when I filed. The final divorce came through 2 years after filing. I just filed a Motion to Modify Confirmed Plan with all the details about the support payments and division of assets. That was pretty easy to do. Unfortunately, bankruptcy followed by divorce, or vice-versa, seems to be the recipe.

I wish you the best.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X