Home Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Insurance

I got a bill today from the insurance company for my homeowner’s insurance. Insurance is included in my escrow payment for the house. Should the trustee be paying this? They say I owe over $1000 by 9/1.

Is that bill only a courtesy copy? Sometimes they send that to the "escrow" address for the lender and will send a copy to the owner as well. If it's in escrow you may need to contact the insurer and inform them of the creditor and the escrow contact for your creditor.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

justbroke

Oh, I see it looks like a courtesy notice. If there is no money in the escrow account then do I have to call them and let them know I’m in BK?

Comment

Is your trustee paying your mortgage? Whether or not, they should know you’re in a bk. Are you able to contact your attorney for advice?
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

• skyoumans
          skyoumans commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, the trustee is paying and I have emailed them. They said to call the mortgage company and make sure there still paying them. I just don’t want them to cut off my insurance if no one pays them since the trustee hasn’t started paying the mortgage yet.

I’m glad you got a response...I hope the mortgage company gives you the update you need.
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X