• Show
Clear All

• Franco
    replied
    Kind words for sure! Thank You Barbisi!

Leave a comment:

• Barbisi
    replied
    Scottowl, first I'd like to say, I'm so sorry you have to face these medical issues so early in your BK13! I hope your very reasonable fears aren't realized and that you are able to continue working so you can finish this most unpleasant of all worst case financial scenarios.
    Every time I read some one boasting about how "wonderful" Bk13 is , and how BK13 is the "best thing that ever happened" to them, I think about how awful BK13 really is when you have chronic conditions and need an elective surgery (as I did) or are faced with potentially dire medical conditions suddenly revealing themselves and maybe preventing completion of the Plan to freedom (as you may be faced with!). I think most debtors like to pretend that serious and life threatening situations simply can't happen to them and so by ignoring our posts,they'll sail through BK13 and beyond!
    Of course, life doesn't work like that and so the unluckiest amongst us, have to face these scary realities!
    In my case, my surgery actually exceeded my expectations - no vocal cord damage from the three-hour full throat anesthesia, relatively easy recovery (very little pain or side effects) so far (knock on wood!) Also, the entire bill appears to to be under 2K and with the payment plan I was able to set up before the surgery itself, and with the maximum HSA contributions, I believe we will be able to pay this off by April 2021, unless something unforeseen happens!
    Franco, I hope you can avoid BP medicines by exercising, losing weight ,and eating better and healthier foods !
    Scottowl, best wishes on managing your diabetes, feeling better and hopefully being able to continue working! Hang in there !
    Good luck to you both!

Leave a comment:

• Franco
    replied
    I understand the feeling of not having anyone there for you, I'm all alone here in Arizona, and my immediate family died in my 20's and early 30's. Sure my Brother is in NY State 2600 miles away, but he has his own struggles with his wife and child and not making much money.

Now I can't answer much because my knowledge is not too extensive on the subject. I do believe you can convert to a Chapter 7 and lose most of your secured property. The taxes, well I'm pretty sure you will have to pay that back, or maybe the IRS can setup a payment plan?

I'm going to be 40 years old in a few months, and when I got my Covid test two months ago I was woken up to something I never knew about myself. My blood pressure was 192 over 130! Yes I'm 330lbs but I always felt like a strong Bull. I used to drink WAY too much, and over the years the weight and alcohol snuck up on me. Currently I'm trying to lose weight, cut out alcohol. We'll see where it goes.

Sorry to hear about your situation, all I can say is try and look at the good things in life, that's what keeps me going.

Leave a comment:

• Scottowl
    started a topic What to do when your health fails you?

What to do when your health fails you?

Here I am. 62 years 7 months, in a 60 month plan with 45 months to go. I will be done 3 months before I reach FRA.

One problem with that cropped up last Friday at the doctors office while reviewing my annual blood testing.
    There is the matter of my A1C being 10.4. I have all the symptoms, right down to blisters on my feet that turned black. I can describe other fun filled activities, but would rather not.

Diabetes itself is serious, but there are possible complications, according to the blood work. Areas in question are the bladder, liver and prostrate.

I don't have full information yet; I have been sent for more testing and will learn more in 10 days.

Of course I have been thinking the worst because I am so good at that. While the only new reality is that I now shoot myself up with insulin every day, that doesn't keep my mind from racing to its own conclusion.

I am concerned with my Ch 13 case in the event I will not be able to keep working the next 4 years.

If my income drops below the median level, can I convert from 5 to 3 years?
    Can I convert to Ch 7 and let all secured property go? I do have back taxes to deal with separately.
    What is the definition of hardship discharge?
    Are there other ways I don't know about to address my circumstance?

I don't want to bum anyone out about this, and I know this isn't a medical forum. It would be easier for me to deal with if I had anyone in my day to day life.

Life. It sure can come up with kool ways to kick you in the cajones when you aren't looking.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X