Hard part over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard part over

Made our last payment at the end of January (1 year early) and trustee paid off everything to the creditors. Now just waiting on what is next. I know it can take a while to get the discharge but waiting on it sucks. (plus the trustee has 1900 dollars left over so would like that back to put in the savings also). It is nice to be saving again and not sending in all my pay every month.

fiveyear Congratulations for arriving at the end of your plan; it’s a wonderful feeling, isn’t it. The closing of your plan does feel like it can take forever..but it doesn’t. Getting your refund should not take long..mine came at the same time as the final payments were sent to the creditors. Take a deep breath and enjoy your new financial freedom!
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Congratulations on completing the plan. The discharge should come once the Chapter 13 Trustee merely files a notice that all plan payments have been made. The closing of the case will take longer as the Chapter 13 Trustee typically waits for all the checks to clear and ensure that the accounting is complete. They'll then file their final report and the closing would come soon thereafter.

I usually expect a Chapter 13 discharge to come within 30 days of the final payment. And then the closing to come another 30-60 days after the discharge. With the ongoing pandemic, these times may be exceeded.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congrats! We are like 4 monthly payments in.

Comment

Congrats!!
          I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X