X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 Questions to ease my mind

Hi all,

I recently hired a lawyer to file Chapter 13. They created a plan around $464.00 a month, but I've yet to have my 341 meeting with the trustee & I've made my first payment, but I've been told that it may be subject to change.

Currently in my bank account I have $4000 - This is from a work bonus that was exempted from taxes that should have been included in my plan & a 2021 Stimulus check. I'm worried that the Chapter 13 trustee will take the funds in my account which would hinder my ability to make steady monthly payments. Furthermore I have no intention of spending this money but the fact that it's in my bank account makes me feel secure that I can keep up with everything.

1.) Will the trustee take the money I have in my account??

2.) How often does a trustee monitor your spending/transactions??

3.) I paid my girlfriend $1600 from the stimulus prior to filing to help out with my children's expenses. It wasn't a loan or a gift, it was to take care of my children. I hope they don't question this.

Lastly my situation isn't normal. I have 3 kids total. One child is not biologically mine, and his father is non-existent so I've stepped up. I have two biological children & one I pay $527 a month for in Child Support and I am with her half of the time still taking care of her. I'm ahead on all Child Support payments, and then I have 1 other child recently with my girlfriend who doesn't live with me (yet) due to her taking care of her ill father at home who is unable to walk. My family does stay with me often in my home but I can only claim 1 of them every other year since they don't live with me.... I'm at a loss if they take that money in my bank because I won't be able to provide my kids a good life. Sorry I know this is a lot... but this forum seemed really encouraging, and I want to succeed for my kids.

With all that being said, it's no mystery as to why I've had to file lol!

justbroke any knowledge here?

Comment

This thread is a double posting. I'm closing this thread.

Please visit the original thread at: https://www.bkforum.com/forum/before...o-ease-my-mind

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X