Car Loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Loan

Even though I think I recently posted that I didn't think we should try to get a car loan soon...

I took my car (the only working car that my husband and I have) in for service and decided to talk to the finance guy.

I didn't have the paperwork from my attorney with me I just did this spur of the moment.

The good news is that they have two banks (out of 40) that deal with BK. He was cautiously optimistic. Since we still have an open loan on the car that doesn't run it could be a problem--we have two car loans already. He did say that the banks are "more understanding" now due to the pandemic and they want to approve more loans.

He asked if I wanted to look today and I did not since I would go with my husband and wanted to have all the paperwork with me. He said he said to call before we come and he will talk to the salesman so they can point us in the right direction. And we would could fill out an application and go from there.

I think maybe we will see what is available and go from there. If we get turned down maybe we can try again in the spring when we are in our countdown to BK freedom year. I don't know when we will go look at cars because I still don't want to rush into it.

BTW it was great to get my oil change, free 49 point inspection (due to my 60,000 warranty expiring soon) and replace a few filters and pay for it all CASH!

I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Good luck if make the decision to try to get a vehicle now. And yay for you being able to pay cash for the car services..it’s a wonderful feeling isn’t it?? 😀
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Best of luck on getting the car you need to see you through this difficult time, Carmella ! You deserve a decent vehicle that doesn't need daily repairs! (sarcastic LOL)
      I know you have been struggling with both of your cars, the junker you still owe on (at least my husband's 2013 Nissan was paid off in Dec.2020!) and the one that was in better shape that you are using for work.
      My 2005 (purchased in 2004) Nissan has no working radio or CD (the speakers are shot!), the passenger visor is broken and right rear window auto roll down and up button doesn't work (i.e. the window can not be opened) , the driver inside door opener is cracked and will probably break off like the driver outer door latch did (not sure of the upcoming cost!), the air conditioner setting sometimes in the fairly recent past has shorted out when on high, etc. but it gets me to nearby PT / chiro medical and gym visits. If I had to work, I would need a newer car to get to the job site and be able pay the much higher plan payment, so I'm lucky I can get by hopefully until 2022, when unless something goes really wrong, we should be able to dump this car and I will be able to drive the 2013 , and my husband will be permitted to get a much newer if not outright new car (not another Nissan, but not yet sure of the brand).
      I know that you are fed up too with the confines of BK13 and like us ,you guys are looking forward to freedom from financial shackles. Only someone in a five year plan understands just how stressful and unpleasant those years can be.

Comment

I keep waivering--try to get a car or wait. Right now I am in back in the wait mode. Some good news did I say that my second job wants me back for weekends. Bittersweet as it was nice having normal weekends off! But we can definitely use the money. I hate paying everything during the grace periods or using "promise to pay" on my cell phone and having to make payments to the IRS since there's no way to pay it full. And then there's property taxes. I feel like the BK doesn't allow for things like taxes!

It should be better now if I work at the minimum (even a short schedule) at least one weekend a month it will make up for my recent pay cut, our little health care heroes thank you. And if I work more weekends that will help us get back to our pre-covid income. Luckily my husband had overtime during covid that helped make up for me not having the second job, but we still had less income for 2020 than we did in previous years.

I go back to my second job next weekend
        I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Carmella - that is great news!! If it will help you pay the bills and get you to the finish line..I’m happy for you!!!
          Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X