Chapter 13 / Pacer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 / Pacer question

I am not even sure how to phrase my question. I looked on Pacer and always feel lost. I went through many pages, though I think it's still within my free amount for the month.

I found the information about the claims and which creditors did not file a claim. It's confusing for me since I had almost everything in collections and some the creditors are not the same name as the credit cards. I have a few Portfolio Recovery, Midland, LVN (or some similar initials). The list of creditors that did not file a claim are all names of Credit Cards or Synchrony (which could be Carecredit or Victoria Secret or another card)

Is there anyway I can figure out who is who,. It probably doesn't matter, it's my curiosity to know who filed and who did not as we now on the downside of the BK curve. I do not think Citicards filed as that was the LARGEST debt and there's no claim that is that high filed. I do not have the exact amount that was on each card and I had many so it's hard just to say This Collection Agency was $100 and I owed $100 to this card....
    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

I think between the information I culled from Pacer in combination with what I found on NDC, I was able to piece together which JDB represented which original creditor. I agree with it being confusing as I had several creditors all end up with the same JDB so it took a bit of detective work to come up with a one-for-one relationship.

Good luck and keep us posted. IIRC, you have what, eight or nine months left to your Chapter 13; I remember when I was on that same downslope two years ago, I was getting so very itchy for my discharge and the freedom (and challenges) it brings.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

If you look at the claim itself, you'll see the original creditor. However, that can cost you if you go over PACER's free use limit. I was Pro Se so I had to download every single claim so that I could police those claims. Normally, a debtor would not need or care which junk debt buyer (JDB) purchased which claim.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

shipo I have about 20 months left! But it's still the downward slope!

Thanks justbroke I opened one document that had way too many pages! I did save it on my computer I figured if I opened it I might as well save it. But I think it's just the same paperwork they gave us when we were confirmed (if that was the right time, the official paperwork maybe it was after the 341 meeting).

It really doesn't matter am just curious and itching hoping it will be paid off sooner than 60 months Not that it really matters in the long run.
        I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X