New here & my chapter 13 journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post

Yup - gotta love computer programs - smarter than us attorneys.

Des.
    Im happy lol my atty was honest & was like we could try to fight for the ch 7 but thought it would cost me more in the grand scheme & mentally drain me

Comment

Ok well as of today equity problem solved & back to a 7 filing today woohoo!

Comment

Very nice news.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          Very nice news.
          it was, I am so relieved

Comment

How'd you get around the equity and expanded homestead issues? Is this a dismiss and file 7 or conversion? Like I said before, I'd be scared to do a conversion without declaring the expanded homestead in the 13 with no opposition before converting.

Comment

Originally posted by flashoflight View Post
              How'd you get around the equity and expanded homestead issues? Is this a dismiss and file 7 or conversion? Like I said before, I'd be scared to do a conversion without declaring the expanded homestead in the 13 with no opposition before converting.
              it's neither, we had forgotten that the partial claim is a 2nd lien so when calculating the equity it was only using the mtg balance, adding the 2nd lien put us way under the homestead threshold. The 7 got filed today

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X