Fed student loans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fed student loans

Just wondering what this would look like to the trustee. Me and my wife both have student loans and were told we could pay on the interest outside of the chapter 13. So i have been sending them $25 a week but then the government postponed all the interest so they are actually going down! Great but will the trustee say that i should have been giving them the extra disposable income. Its not like i paid them off i’m just trying to keep the interest from growing. I feel the interest should stop while in active 13 but thats a different complaint.

I don't think the Chapter 13 Trustee would care that you're paying $25/month on student loans outside the plan.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Hey justbroke - the OP said it was per week: $25 per week, making it about $100 per month. Would that make a difference?
      Also, the government has postponed the interest (most likely temporarily), so I reason, Clay3007 will need to start paying the interest again at some point in time, possibly during their BK plan.

Comment

I don't think a Chapter 13 Trustee "should" care about what you do with your allowed expense funds.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thats what i was worried since the interest has been reduced to 0 for over a year. Not like im chipping 1000s away at a time

Comment

Personally, I don't think it's anything to worry about. So you gave up a latte a day at Starbucks to help reduce your student loan balance. I don't see a Trustee complaining about $3.57 day you could have spent on a Starbucks latte.

Comment

The Trustee isn't going to care.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X