Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 down

24th payment of the 60 was received by the trustee. So far I can't complain about how it is going. We have been able to live comfortably without some of the issues that I see others saying they have had. It is frustrating to be on a 5 year payment plan when you see so many others who have gotten to take multiple chapter 7's and just erase their debt but at least if I finish the plan I will know that I honored the debt I made and paid off all of the creditors who filed a proof of claim. After all, it was my lack of planning and willpower that led to this problem to begin with, I can't blame anyone for my stupidity with money.

Are you paying only original creditors? The people you borrowed $$ from? Only two of my original creditors (AMEX and Discover) decided to keep the debt I owed them and filed POCs A couple others did not file POCs. Everyone else sold my debt to debt buying firms for pennies on the dollar. I paid around $40k to debt buyers over the five years. It was one of the most painful things about making that monthly chapter 13 payment for five years, paying a lot of money to people I never owed money to in the first place and massively profited off of it.
    Filed Ch 13 November 2013, discharged March 2019
    Credit Karma FICO scores 3 months post-discharge:
    715 Trans Union/726 Equifax

Comment

fiveyear - good for you...two years down, you'll be done before you know it. I felt the same way as you when i filed...i got myself into the mess and I had to get myself out. In the end it was worth it...learned good budgeting skills and learned the importance of not living beyond my means with the use of credit cards. Budgeting and sticking to a plan are the key to success, in my opinion. You should be proud of where you are now versus where you were.
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

a lot of our debt was sold to third party as soon as we filed. I believe even some of the debt that was sold did not have a proof of claim filed, probably hoping we fail to complete the plan. I read somewhere that a high percentage of people fail to complete their chapter 13's.

Comment

I'm in a 5yr Chap 13 as well, 13 months down with 47 more to go. I had to file Ch13 as my retirement income is above the means test. I was hoping for a Ch 7 but now that I'm in the 13 I'm learning to budget. It's a struggle sometimes but I just tell myself this too shall pass. I'll be down 24 months before you know it. Keep up the good work and I'll be following to learn as much as I can.

Comment

Just keep plugging along. It does go fast. I'm in limbo waiting on discharge. Final payment was 12/4. My attorney finally just sent the 2nd credit counseling course in that I completed in July.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X