Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awaiting Trustees Report....forever

Last payment was 9/12/18. Already received our refund. Our status has been “awaiting trustees report” for 1865 days. IS this ever going to change? I’m getting worried. 😞

Have you reached out to your Chapter 13 attorney? That's the first place to start. Do you have an account at the National Data Center (NDC) @ ndc.org which contains case information? Do you have a PACER account?

There are many reasons this could take some time (typically anywhere from 30-90 days from the Motion for entry of Discharge). In some districts, the attorney/debtor must move for entry of the discharge, where other districts leave that to the Trustee.

Your first contact is your attorney. If, after trying to reach them for a couple of weeks, there's no response, then reach directly to the Trustee's office. (The Trustee's office can be a pain to catch, but you have to consider that they have court days probably 3 days a week.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

I have both, pacer and NDC. Pacer is where I’m seeing “awaiting trustees report...1865 days”. The last document filed was the motion to stop making payments on Sept 12, 2018. Nothing since then. Going to call my atty tomorrow. I don’t remember doing anything called domestic support obligation. My atty never mentioned it. I’m married with children. There is no support situation.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepBreaths View Post
        I have both, pacer and NDC. Pacer is where I’m seeing “awaiting trustees report...1865 days”. The last document filed was the motion to stop making payments on Sept 12, 2018. Nothing since then. Going to call my atty tomorrow. I don’t remember doing anything called domestic support obligation. My atty never mentioned it. I’m married with children. There is no support situation.
        PACER will always have a flag that may or not be updated. That Awaiting Trustee's report is what keeps it from discharging, in some cases. For example, my case, from 2008, still says "Awaiting Confirmation Hearing" and has been in that status for 3,669 days. Yes, that's 10 years, and I completed my bankruptcy as a converted Chapter 7 back in 2010 (8 years ago). So I lend no credence to the "Status" link in PACER.

With regard to the domestic support obligation (DSO) obligation, that is sometimes on the same Motion for Entry of Discharge which the attorney files. The Motion includes a affidavit that all DSOs (regardless of whether you have any or not) are up to date (or there aren't any) and that you filed your 2nd financial management class (certificate... I think it's form B23).

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

Check with your attorney to see if your DSO was filed and proof that your second financial management course was taken. In my case the DSO was filed with the court on the day I sent my last payment to the trustee. I'm waiting on the discharge too.
          Filed Ch 13 November 2013, discharged March 2019
          Credit Karma FICO scores 3 months post-discharge:
          715 Trans Union/726 Equifax

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X