Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage Lender Change

My chapter 13 was confirmed in January. My mortgage is included in my bankruptcy pymt. Today I received a notice that my mortgage carrier has sold my mortgage to a new mortgage company. I emailed my attorney the letters I received. Since he has been paid he doesn’t normally respond to my emails anymore. Do I need to advise the trustee somehow or should my attorney? Is this common for a mortgage company to do, after confirming their claim in a Chapter 13? I just want to make sure my payments are going to the right company.
    Thank you for any information!

It is very common for debt that is in a Chapter 13 to be sold to another creditor. You may need to have your Attorney notify the Trustee so that the correct creditor is being paid!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

My mortgage was sold last summer. I think both companies informed the court but the new company made a number of filings. The new company should be mailing copies of the pertinent documents to your attorney as per regular service of documents, motions, etc. Your attorney and trustee should be listed as cc's on your documents.

About his being paid and he now doesn't normally respond to your emails, he is your attorney until your case is closed or you relieve him of his duties to oversee your case. My attorney was very responsive over the 5 years of my case.
      Filed Ch 13 November 2013, discharged March 2019
      Credit Karma FICO scores 2 months post-discharge:
      718 Trans Union/732 Equifax

Comment

If you are making conduit mortgage payments through the Trustee the old servicer and the new servicer will notify him/her. A Notice of Transfer of Claim will also be filed. Certainly, if you are concerned talk to your attny. If your attny does not respond contact your Trustee to make sure he/she has the new information.

Des.

Comment

Thank you all for your replies. The information given was very helpful. I agree that my attorney should be responding. I am going to call him this week and if he continues not to respond I will look elsewhere for representation. It just aggravated me that he has now been paid 90% and he just stops responding.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X