Payments Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payments Complete

Even though my last payment was supposed to be in Aug 22, I received a letter from the trustee yesterday that my ch13 has been completed and that it is no longer required to deduct funds from my wages pursuant to the Bankruptcy Court’s order. I also received an email from my attorney to complete the affidavit which I did. I will receive a little over $5,000 back in over payments. I wound up overpaying because my now ex and I separated 3 years ago and my $1,800 monthly payment was reduced to $800 but the change of the deduction of pay took 6 months. DFAS stated they never received the paperwork and it had to be resent. The $800 was to last until the last 6 months of the ch13 and increase back to $1,800 which it did. My payments are finally done and I will get funds back. Can’t beat that.

Since the 60 months is in Aug 22 but all payments are complete can this end early or do I still go 60 months?

I still can’t believe I am done. Get married in July and the ch13 will be off my back. A new beginning.

crazytimes Congrats! I am glad you are getting your money back with such great timing!
    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Originally posted by crazytimes View Post
      Since the 60 months is in Aug 22 but all payments are complete can this end early or do I still go 60 months?
      It ends when the Chapter 13 Trustee says that it ends. That is either after 60 months, or earlier if the Plan Base is met (under certain conditions).

Congratulations. Year of the Chapter 13 Discharge!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        It ends when the Chapter 13 Trustee says that it ends. That is either after 60 months, or earlier if the Plan Base is met (under certain conditions).

Congratulations. Year of the Chapter 13 Discharge!
        Thanks justbroke. First couple years were rough then it got easier. I am proof it can be accomplished.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmella View Post
          crazytimes Congrats! I am glad you are getting your money back with such great timing!
          Thanks.

Comment

Wow congratulations! Back pay too!
            Next up, hang on to that cash!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X