Meeting of Creditors Moved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting of Creditors Moved

Hi there! I am in the midst of filing for Ch 13 bankruptcy, my meeting of creditors was originally scheduled for July 19th and i received a letter from my attorney yesterday saying it had been rescheduled to July 28th.

I emailed my attorney asking why and received an out of office message and that she’d get back to me Monday.

i am now freaking out and wondering why the meeting would be moved. Does anyone have experience with this?

thanks so much.

Most likely it is nothing to worry about. The Trustee probably had some kind of scheduling issue. Most likely all the hearings for the 19th got rescheduled.

Comment

That makes me feel better. Thank you!

Comment

I'm also a Maryland BK filer. My trustee moved the meeting due to "scheduling" issues, and the following week the meeting was done and dusted within 15 minutes once he called my case. I'm sure there is nothing to worry about.

Comment

Thank you both so much - makes me feel much better!

Comment

Ours was moved from July 21 to August 25!! Scheduling issue.

Comment

Gosh, that is so frustrating! You just want to have it over and done with. I’m sorry this happened to all of us. It’s really stressing me out to have to wait longer.

Comment

I know it's frustrating to wait. We originally filed in January, and our 341 was continued FIVE times! Our Trustee had a death in his family so he was very busy handling that and all his cases got delayed. My discharge still came through in April, and last week the Trustee finally issued report of no distribution, so our case should close soon. Just keep breathing in, breathing out. It will be ok.

Comment

Chapter 13s are not affected by the timeline. My Chapter 13 took 10 months to confirmation and it is not unheard of to have 12 months before the plan is confirmed. You just keep up with your payments, making them ontime and in the correct amount to the Chapter 13 Trustee. Just think of confirmation as just, literally, confirming that the plan is good and that your payments will be $XX.

Simply, just make your payments on time. Confirmation will come. The prize is the discharge which will not be for 3-5 years, so you have plenty of time.
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                  Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Our 341 meeting was scheduled June 21 and changed to August 25 due to trustee scheduling problems!!! We filed June 14.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                      Chapter 13s are not affected by the timeline. My Chapter 13 took 10 months to confirmation and it is not unheard of to have 12 months before the plan is confirmed. You just keep up with your payments, making them ontime and in the correct amount to the Chapter 13 Trustee. Just think of confirmation as just, literally, confirming that the plan is good and that your payments will be $XX.
                      Simply, just make your payments on time. Confirmation will come. The prize is the discharge which will not be for 3-5 years, so you have plenty of time.
                      To add more data about the time between 341 and confirmation, my plan confirmation was seven months after my 341 meeting. The first hearing with the judge wasn't until 2-3 months after the 341 meeting which worked in my favor.

In my case, one of the Trustee's objections was that they thought my plan was infeasible due to the size of the monthly payment, and the months leading into the final confirmation (again months after my 341) proved I could maintain it, so the objection got overruled.

There was other silliness from the trustee's office that my lawyer (correctly!) had zero worries about; I only found out about the objection to the plan due to payment size after seeing the records get posted to PACER.

The time from the meeting to my plan being approved by the judge was nerve-wracking and stressful, though.

Anyway, now I'm more than a year in, and while life is throwing me bumps and curves, so far, so good.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X