Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Payment was 2 months ago and still no audit report

Hello,

My final ch13 payment was in june and we submitted our final tax return and second management course. But still nothing from the trustee. No audit report and no changes.

I called my lawyer and he said that we need to wait to hear back. But is that normal? I've heard final audit within 30 days of final payment. But we've been waiting since mid june.

I've never heard of final audit (report) within 30 days of final payments. It's usually 60-90 days after the last payment. It has to do with how the checks to the creditors are processed, 30 days for return checks, and then the final report. Some people have had it this quick, but it's normally 60-90 days and sometimes longer (for California).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I second what justbroke wrote; my final payment was early February 2020, my discharge was ordered early March 2020, and my final audit/closure didn't take place until July.
      Latent car nut.

Comment

My final plan payment was withheld from my paycheck on June 30th and only yesterday was my case updated in NDC as completed and my wage order stopped. And even though the trustee had the money at the end of June to settle all claims and pay everyone in full those payments weren't made until mid-late July. Then I assume she had to wait for all those payments to clear.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenurse View Post
          Then I assume she had to wait for all those payments to clear.
          Chapter 13 Trustees do not immediately make payments on funds that just became available in the trust account. The funds are only used to make payments 15-30 days after receipt. It's just better for their accounting.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X