Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditors phone calls

Hi justbroke, shipo,

How do the creditors know that I filed a petition? And how soon should the phone calls stop? I filed last week.

The Bankruptcy Noticing Center, a/k/a the BNC, processes bankruptcy notifications. All credit bureaus subscribe to this service so they receive notification within 24-48 hours of the filing. Major creditors may subscribe to the BNC directly (for electronic notification and/or EDI), or a service that aggregates data from the BNC.

Unsophisticated creditors may not learn until they receive a paper notice. What is interesting is that the BNC is the official service that sends notifications on behalf of the court. It is capable of providing electronic notification and validation of delivery of the electronic notification, as well as providing paper-based notifications. The BNC also provides some notification services via EDI (an electronic notification system) to certain subscribers.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Ok. I m still getting calls so I figure they have not been notified. I was able to log in to Pacer and see my case. Now is the waiting game. Is there anything you would recommend doing (or not doing) during this waiting time? Thanks for lot for your help JustBroke.

Comment

Answer the phone and tell them that you filed bankruptcy and then tell them the case# and your attorney name.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Phone calls decreased yesterday and I have not received a single one today. By now, I would have received 5-10 before filing. The first claims came through pacer. Pretty quick.

Comment

Thingshappen I don't know if you know this, but you can sign up for the BNC to send you any notices that have been "served" on you.

They changed how it used to work. Your local court should have information on the "debtor" bankruptcy noticing program.

If your court doesn't have the DeBN program, you can still sign up at https://bankruptcynotices.uscourts.gov/ and click the "sign up" now button.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X