top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update - 341 Meeting last week - now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update - 341 Meeting last week - now what?

I had my 341 meeting at the beginning of last week. It was uneventful. I was so nervous, but the trustee only asked me the standard questions and wrapped up the meeting in like 5 mins. I felt so relief. But now, I haven't heard from anyone at all (attorney or trustee). I am anxious again and I keep checking pacer every day. So now what? Is this the time when the real negotiation process happens? The POF deadline is next month, and the initial confirmation meeting is a day after the POF deadline. I am not sure if this silence is normal, or I should get worried. Thoughts?

For Florida, your first confirmation hearing will be in 30 days, but it will automatically be continued as part of hte rocket docket. Florida likes to wait until the claims bar date has passed (which is 60 days from the 341 meeting), plus an additional 30 days to let things settle down. That still doesn't mean your case will be confirmed in the next 90 days, but is a very good gauge.

Generally, for Chapter 13s, Florida wants all things that could have been resolved prior to or at confirmation, to be done prior to or at confirmation. In other words, Florida likes a "clean" confirmation order meaning that there are no other things pending before the court such as motions (modify, strip, etc), objections to confirmation, objections to claim, and all other "motion" practice.

I like how Florida does Chapter 13 confirmations.

For you,this period of time just means to keep your head down, make your payments according to your attorney instructions, make the payments on time (most important), and wait for final confirmation. My confirmation took 7-8 months (lien stripping) from filing which is about average. A confirmation can take longer, but so long as you're paying your plan is moving towards the end (the waiting time counts towards your total plan duration... here in Florida).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      For Florida, your first confirmation hearing will be in 30 days, but it will automatically be continued as part of hte rocket docket. Florida likes to wait until the claims bar date has passed (which is 60 days from the 341 meeting), plus an additional 30 days to let things settle down. That still doesn't mean your case will be confirmed in the next 90 days, but is a very good gauge.
      Thanks JB. Also what is the difference between the claims bar date and the date to file the POF which is next month in my case.
      Last edited by shipo; 10-21-2022, 04:44 PM. Reason: Fix the quote

Comment

It's the same. The Proof of Claim (POC) must be filed by the "claims bar date" unless the creditor is a governmental entity. The government gets an absurd amount of time to file a claim. In my experience, the IRS is very good at this and will usually file a claim earlier than the "late" non-governmental creditors.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X