When does the clock start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When does the clock start?

Does month 1 of 60 start when you file or after your plan is actually confirmed?

Also, has your trustee ever wanted bank statements again after confirmation?

Does the trustee really takes your tax refund or have you ever been allowed to keep your refund?

Thanks!

Month 1 starts whenever you make your first payment.

Trustee never asked for our bank statement after the plan was confirmed. They might ask for your tax returns to see what your income was for the year. The first year the attorney wanted ours then didn't ask again.

Income tax refunds, it depends. If you are paying back less than 100% of the debt they might ask for the money. If you are paying back at 100% it's possible to keep it. You should ask your attorney since they probably know what the trustee or state you are in usually do in your situation.

A few times I came into unexpected money which was less than $1,000 I contacted my attorney just to make sure. We were in 100% payback, but we never had a refund, we owed, but they never took the unexpected money such as $700 from the asbestos class action lawsuit that my husband's sister filed on the behalf of their deceased father -- we didn't know she filed for this so it was a surprise for us.
    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

My plan started for 60 months and 60 payments; it ended after 60 months and 61 payments. Why the extra payment? The only thing my Trustee ever requested from me during my bankruptcy was my annual tax returns; one year I got a rather healthy return and the Trustee asked for all monies to be turned over in excess of $1,250; hence the single extra payment.
      Latent car nut.

Comment

I had a plan mod that required resubmitting I&J. I avoided providing documentation on expenses (J) by keeping them the same. Some of my expenses have been reduced or disappeared since confirmation. The paystubs I had to provide again. There was no subsequent request for bank statements. Keep in mind my trustee is not your trustee so it could be different for you.

We have to turn in tax refunds in excess of $500. We can keep the first $500 no matter what.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X