We made our final payment!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We made our final payment!!!!

Made our final payment on 12/29/22. Submitted our debt course certificate and affidavit to the attorney. Now we wait for our discharge!!

Filed 12/29/17
    Final Payment 12/29/22

Question?

Have any of you used a credit clean-up company to help you with information on your credit reports after your discharge? We want to move as soon as possible and have a lot of equity in our home, and our realtor recommended a company that a few of his clients have used. Just wanted to see if anyone has any feedback. We could pay cash for a lot and buy a fifth wheel to live in while we're waiting to build a home, but just in case we need financing, i want to work on our credit repair ASAP. We both have good income, but we are not going to use mine because I'm self-employed under 5 years and my husband has a solid W-2.

Any help you can offer is appreciated.

If you're still in your plan, stay encouraged! There is light at the end of the tunnel. We had to refile our Ch 13 once so we should've been done almost a year earlier. It was a devastating setback, but we made it! You can do it!
    Ch 13 filed 1/2018, 5 years

A few comments:
    • Congratulations on your last payment; your discharge is right around the corner
    • The odds of your file needing any clean up after a Chapter 13 discharge are somewhere between and none
    • On the off chance there is something in one or more of your reports needing clean up, there is literally nothing a credit clean up company can do for you which you cannot simply do for yourself
    • Long story short, save your money
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Congratulations!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by shipo View Post
        A few comments:
        • Congratulations on your last payment; your discharge is right around the corner
        • The odds of your file needing any clean up after a Chapter 13 discharge are somewhere between and none
        • On the off chance there is something in one or more of your reports needing clean up, there is literally nothing a credit clean up company can do for you which you cannot simply do for yourself
        • Long story short, save your money
        Thank you so much! I'll take your advice and request my free credit report a couple months after and check it out!
        Ch 13 filed 1/2018, 5 years

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X