Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order of Discharge and Tax Return Question

Hi All!

I've been a lurker and posted early in my Chapter 13 process. I'm so proud to say that I made my last payment a week ago. What's surprised me is I have already received the Notice of Completion and Discharge; along with the Order of Discharge. Today, I received the letter from my attorney advising me that his representation has ended. Throughout my case, I have had to give the trustee copies of my tax returns and refunds every year. Since I have my discharge order, does that mean I can file this year and keep my refund?? Fingers crossed!!

Yes. It appears that you are done since your case is discharged. Congratulations! (Double check with your attorney but you completed your last payment, so it appears to me that you don't owe one-penny more.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congratulations Mom0fBoyz3, I too made my last payment early in the last year of my Chapter 13; my attorney told me to wait to file my tax return for that year until the case was discharged (which happed the first week of March); once discharged, you're done and all future income and tax returns are yours.
      Latent car nut.

Comment

Thanks to both of you! JustBroke, you were very helpful in the early stages of my bankruptcy answering a gazillion questions! :0) It's been a long 5 years, but it's over! Thank God!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X