Chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13

My creditors have been notified that my plan is ending and they have 21 days to object. What kind of objections can a creditor claim? Is there a way they can stop this still? I've made 57 payments.

Junieblue Congratulations! How long after your final payment were you told creditors were notified of your case ending?

Comment

Well, I just saw it on PACERS and NDC shows completed. I didn't have a wage order but there is a letter on the docket notifying me that the wage order was ended. There is also a letter sent to those with claims giving them 15 or 20 days to dispute my discharge. A letter telling me I have to take a class. After 20 days they proceed with a discharge. Letters to me and the creditors appear to all have been sent on the same day. I just dont what reason a creditor would have to dispute it. I owed property taxes but those are paid. I am trying to be optimistic that this thing is just about over but the worrier in me is nervous it isn't.

Comment

Junieblue I understand your worry. I made my final payment earlier this month and my stress level is through the roof with worry there will be a hangup or snag. NDC shows my case as active, but I think my trustee only pays out at the end of every month. Praying to get through this! Best of luck to you. It seems like you're on the other side and the best is yet to come for you. : )

Comment

The reason would be that the Trustee didn't pay what they should have received in the bankruptcy. There is usually no reason for a creditor, especially an unsecured creditor, to object to discharge. Think of it as just something administrative that must be done.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you! I just keep worrying that paying my property taxes late was some sort of breach since you are supposed to keep tax payments up.

Comment

The only common objection is if you were paying your mortgage directly to the lender rather than conduit via the trustee and you are behind on the mortgage at the end of the plan. If you are behind on your mortgage at the end of the plan and don't eliminate the arrears quickly, you will lose your discharge.

Comment

Originally posted by Junieblue View Post
                Thank you! I just keep worrying that paying my property taxes late was some sort of breach since you are supposed to keep tax payments up.
                I paid property taxes late. They were late/paid a penalty, but not past the 60 day cut off where they can start coming after you. There was no problem. I was also LATE paying back taxes to the IRS and that was not a problem either. I was making some voluntary payments, but still owed quite a bit.
                I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

My lawyer says I'm good to go and should be done with this by April. Hard to believe I've almost made it and it was the smartest thing I've done. Thanks to all for your help!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congratulations!
                      I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X