It's Almost OVER!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Almost OVER!!!

We filed in January of 2018 and was expecting to be completed in January of 2023. In March we received a motion to dismiss due to non payment. We wer confused because we never missed a payment as it is automatically taken from out check.

Well, there was a miscalulation at some point and our payments were suppose to be increased at some point but it never happenend. We were short a little over 6k. Thankfully, we came up with the money and paid the difference. While this was happening they are still taking money from out paychecks.

Today, we received a check for the overage that has been paid so far and I just checked NDC and it says complete. I am not sure what will happen after this but I am excited because we are now in May this was suppose to be over since Jan/Feb. I don't see any updates on Pacer in reference to stopping payroll deductions.... Hopefully, that comes soon. I need my life back.

Originally posted by prindia1 View Post
    We filed in January of 2018 and was expecting to be completed in January of 2023. In March we received a motion to dismiss due to non payment. We wer confused because we never missed a payment as it is automatically taken from out check.

Well, there was a miscalulation at some point and our payments were suppose to be increased at some point but it never happenend. We were short a little over 6k. Thankfully, we came up with the money and paid the difference. While this was happening they are still taking money from out paychecks.

Today, we received a check for the overage that has been paid so far and I just checked NDC and it says complete. I am not sure what will happen after this but I am excited because we are now in May this was suppose to be over since Jan/Feb. I don't see any updates on Pacer in reference to stopping payroll deductions.... Hopefully, that comes soon. I need my life back.
    Congrats.
    I know a lot of people here indicate that it is not easy to get through a chapter 13.

Comment

Congrats! You should be so proud of yourself!

We received our discharge mid-April. Our final payment was Dec. 29th. I'm in Florida.

Ch 13 filed 1/2018, 5 years

Comment

Generally, you can email your trustee and ask for an accounting of your account to make sure you are on track. I would recommend everyone to do that halfway through your plan... if things seem off (i.e. you have only paid off 30% instead of 50% at that point), it gives time to talk to your lawyer and make plans to pay extra.... instead of finding out at the last minute.. as not everyone could come up with thousands of dollars at the end. Also I would check again 3-6 months before completion.

ETA: you could also use NDC account ledger to keep track.. but it might not be as exact... but should be close enough to notice any issues

Comment

Originally posted by Slipp20 View Post
          Congrats! You should be so proud of yourself!

We received our discharge mid-April. Our final payment was Dec. 29th. I'm in Florida.

I really wish knew this because we thought what they were taking every month was enough but someone dropped the ball and we had to pay at the end... it's almost over now. We are now waiting for a discharge.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X