Loan At end of Chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loan At end of Chapter 13

I just made my last payment on the 23rd for my Chapter 13 so I'm awaiting the discharge process that can take a bit. I am also in need of an emergency personal loan for a new septic tank for my home. Am I allowed to get a loan because I made my last payment or do I have to wait for the discharge process?

You could talk to your attorney or Trustee, but unless cleared, it ain't over until it's over (i.e. when you get a discharge).
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Does the Trustee check your credit report in the final audit? Just wondering how they could potentially find out about a loan taken.

Comment

Mine did not, but the one loan I inquired about during my Chapter 13, I was informed the underwriters would be asking my Trustee; I decided against poking the bear.
        Latent car nut.

Comment

I don't know of any Chapter 13 Trustee that checks your credit (period). The real issue is that most lenders will pull your credit, and more specifically your LexisNexis report, and see the active bankruptcy. Most lenders will not lend to you in an active bankruptcy. Predatory lenders, however, might lend to you when the bankruptcy is still active.

I'd wait for the discharge to be entered, and then wait 48 hours and check my credit report.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X