End Stage of 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End Stage of 13

Hi everyone. I recently stumbled onto this site and wish I had earlier into to my BK. Would have saved a lot of shame and stress. Made my 60th payment this month and the trustee (LA cali) has just posted it. Just checking what the next steps will look like. Love the community here and appreciate any feedback!

Welcome to BKForum!

Next steps: (a) the Trustee will file a notice of final plan payment, (b) you must have completed the financial management class and submitted your certificate of completion, (c) the clerk of the court will issue the discharge, (d) the Chapter 13 Trustee will do a reconciliation and send out final checks, (e) at least 30 days must pass to make sure checks clear, (f) Trustee will file a final report, (e) the close is completed.

The discharge is the prize.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congratulations, another Chapter 13 bites the dust.

Check out our thread on getting your credit world rebuilt: https://www.bkforum.com/forum/after-...uilding-credit
      Latent car nut.

Comment

Thanks for the replies and helpful info, I will definitely put those to use. Still eagerly waiting to see any movement on my account status or the final payment notice from the trustee.

Comment

My last payment was made yesterday and I have never felt so good in my life. What a relief but of course the trustee and the courts will drag it out longer than necessary.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X