going to file a 13 & have a question about income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going to file a 13 & have a question about income

I am going to have to file a chpt 13. When i talked to my new attorney he told me to bring all my sources of income. Sooo this is my question..... I sell stuff on ebay and make a little money here and there. The most i ever made was about $200. I sell stuff every couple of months. Does anybody know if this counts as a source of income?

where does the money go once someone pays you? Bank account?
    If it's trackable, it has to be claimed. Paypal will report anything over $600 a year without you knowing it. Ebay may too.
    Don't hide that income, you'll be sorry if you do.

Comment

Where would ebay report it without you knowing it? If they reported it as a 1099 you would know it because you would be the one to get the 1099. Ebay doesn't have your SS#, so I'm not sure to whom they would report. If the money you make it regular income I would report it. Like citygirl said if it is trackable, report it. If it is a simple hobby and sporadic money, I wouldn't worry about it.
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I have a paypal account. But the paypal account is not trackable. At least I dont think it is. Paypal and Ebay do not have my SS#. It is linked to my checking account. For example if I dont have enough $ in my paypal account to pay for something the rest of the $ would come out of my checking account. I recently sold some stuff on ebay and made about $200. I did this to help pay for the school my son is going to and to have some spending $ for when my mom visits next week. I dont have a store on ebay I just find stuff around the house and think somebody else might like this or get some use out of it and then I list it.

Comment

I, personally, would not list this example as income. That is my opinion. However, if you repeated that example I would say it would then become a source of income.
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Originally posted by novemberrain View Post
            I sell stuff on ebay and make a little money here and there. The most i ever made was about $200. I sell stuff every couple of months. Does anybody know if this counts as a source of income?
            This is an excellent question to ask your new lawyer. There's no clear answer currently about what to do with casual eBay earnings that are not a part of an established eBay business.

Please let us know what your lawyer thinks, NR - thanks!
            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

The thing is, they don't need your social. I never put mine in for them and they noted my CR when I couldn't pay the fees. Also, paypal and ebay are one company. They have ways, trust me.
              You use your checking account to get the money out right? That's the trackable part. I would suggest getting a debit card through paypal and withdraweling your money that way.
              I mystery shop and my income is under $600 but the IRS still wants to know about it because my income from my other jobs are over $600. ALL INCOME MUST BE REPORTED according to the IRS, so I'd just really ask my attorney if I were you. It could come back to bite ya...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X