do creditors normally file claims after the 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do creditors normally file claims after the 341

I know they have 90 days from the meeting, but what has been your experience on creditors filing claims during the 90 day period. Do most file before the 341 meeting....looking on pacer we only have 2 creditors file

they don't have 90 days from the meeting, but 90 days from the DAY the meeting was SET.
    Filed: October 1, 2007 341: December 10, 2007
    CONFIRMED: December 10, 2007
    Payment: $825 / Mo. for 5 Years-29 MONTHS OF Pmts Down 23 to go!

Comment

In other words...

"."

From US Courts at http://www.uscourts.gov/bankruptcyco...chapter13.html
      Last edited by lrprn; 12-28-2007, 10:06 PM.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Can you give an example of this though because we just looked on Pacer and it says that the 341 meeting was SET on October 2nd for December 10th. Now I hear the creditors have until the end of January to get their claims in. If it is 90 days from the day it was set, then that would be about the beginning of January.
        I'm so confused!!!

Comment

Could it be 90 business days, maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by MajorMike View Post
            Can you give an example of this though because we just looked on Pacer and it says that the 341 meeting was SET on October 2nd for December 10th. Now I hear the creditors have until the end of January to get their claims in. If it is 90 days from the day it was set, then that would be about the beginning of January.
            I'm so confused!!!
            When you file, you should get a copy of the bankruptcy notification sent to creditors. On that, it will show the "bar" dates, which is specific to the last day they may file a claim.

Honestly, it is nothing anybody needs to worry about....except the creditors. The best you can hope for is if your in a 100% payback plan, you will benifit if some don't file a claim....it could shorten your payment time.
            Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
            Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
            Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

It's funny because the only date that is listed is for a GOVERNMENTAL UNIT which has until march 31, 2008. It is blank in all the other places. If they have 180 days then 90 days prior is Jan 1 which has past.

Comment

Majormike

Majormike, how many of your creditors filed a claim?

Comment

I'm about 60 days into my 90 day limit, and only 40K of my 90K worth of creditors have filed claims. Most filed within the first few weeks, but one just filed yesterday, so I could have the other 50K worth file tomorrow, or not until right before the limit, there's just no way to tell. It'd be super-sweet if no others filed since that would change my plan from 60 months to about 36, but no point getting excited about that when there's still 4 weeks to go... Once about 60K file, I won't care one way or the other since that's about what I have to pay regardless (I proposed a 65% plan, so would need over 30K worth of creditors not to file to get a reduction in the time to payback, which I seriously doubt will happen.)
                  Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
                  Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

about 1/3 filed but I heard that more file last minute. My biggies like Amex and Patelco haven't but Amex is trying to get my one card a priority debt. I got a letter from the Trustee that Dell wanted $250.00 as secured because they took 10 percent of all my purchases in the past 5 years and figured that's what my computer is worth etc...and I'm fine with that.

Comment

Ok, now I don't get it. My attorney's secretary just emailed me and said creditors have until March 10th ( 90 days from 341 ) to file a claim. I thought it was 90 days from the day the 341 was "set". The gov't has until March 30th and I thought the government had 30 days more then the creditors!! Is this also different in every state??? This is frustrating !

Comment

They seem to let it go. I'd only be concerned if you're up to "no good."

I had over twenty creditors, from every area imaginable, and not one came back. They all surrendered to the inevitable, and took what they could get on the dollar.

That's pretty smart of them, actually.

Elf

Comment

now our atty just emailed me and said 120 days....
                          No idea what he means...is that 120 days from date of filing, or 341????

Comment

wow, I just got off the phone with the BK office downtown. She was SHOCKED there was no deadline for the creditors to file their claims...so guess what....they put a date of March 10th and will mail all the creditors a new letter...
                            Should of kept my big mouth shut!!!!!!

Comment

ouch...a 2nd reminder to your creditors to file claims
                              Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X